Cannot import calendar data into MSN calendar services

Cannot import calendar data into MSN calendar services

Post by Chien-hao WE » Sat, 25 May 2002 20:26:53

Hi,
    I try to export my calendar data from Microsoft outlook XP, save the
.pst file. And I want to import this file into my MSN calendar serivices, it
seems not work! Who can instruct me to do it correctly?

sincerely,

Post by Brian Kvalheim - [MVP » Sat, 25 May 2002 21:45:48

> Hi,
>     I try to export my calendar data from Microsoft outlook XP, save the
> .pst file. And I want to import this file into my MSN calendar serivices, it
> seems not work! Who can instruct me to do it correctly?

> sincerely,

Chien-hao WEN,

2 things are affecting your upload. First, you need to export your
Calendar (or Tasks, Meetings, etc) as "comma sep value (windows)". This
format is recommended, I believe required, and reduces the size of your
exported file. The importance of reducing the exported file size is
because of the size limit placed at the upload site. I believe that your
upload has to be less than 1mb. Make sure you only upload a short time
period...usually the recommened time period offered by Outlook during
export is a bit long.

--
Brian Kvalheim

Microsoft Publisher MVP
For FAQ's, Templates and More:
http://www.mvps.org/publisher
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Cannot import calendar data into MSN calendar services

Post by Chien-hao WE » Mon, 27 May 2002 23:28:08

Thanks for your reply. I try very times and follow the hints you
recommended. But I got the message,
We currently do not support the file format you have uploaded. MSN Calendar
allows you to import appointments, tasks, and notes from Microsoft? Outlook
97/98/2000, Yahoo!? Calendar, Windows? CE devices (via Microsoft? Outlook
and ActiveSync?), or PalmTM Desktop.
I'm very confused.

sincerely,