I have a problem with msn 4.5 with my Linksys Router

I have a problem with msn 4.5 with my Linksys Router

Post by Mole » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 02:08:32

I have a Linksys Router, this router share my conexion to
inet.

When i use the messenger 3.6 i dont have a problem, but
with the messenger 4.5 i have a problem, i can conect and
send /recive files... but i cant send and recibe voice. I
check all the configurations and its ok.

I have windows 2000 PRO

I dont know wich is the problem.....

Helpppppp!!

Thnxs for all!!
Moles

I have a problem with msn 4.5 with my Linksys Router

Post by RSF » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:41:16

I don't believe that you have to worry about your settings. This (among
other things) is a known problem with version 4.5 To get back to version 3.6
go to the following:

http://www.oldversion.com/msn.shtml

HTH,

Bob

Quote:> I have a Linksys Router, this router share my conexion to

Post by Sandi Hardmeier MV » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:49:04

Quote:> I have a Linksys Router, this router share my conexion to
> inet.

> When i use the messenger 3.6 i dont have a problem, but
> with the messenger 4.5 i have a problem, i can conect and
> send /recive files... but i cant send and recibe voice. I
> check all the configurations and its ok.

> I have windows 2000 PRO

There are problems between 4.5 and earlier versions.  Also, Messenger PC to
PC voice and PC to Phone must be behind a Universal Plug and Play (or UPnP)
firewall or using Network Address Translation (NAT) to work.

Messenger has been updated to address specific computer configuration
issues, so it would be worthwhile making sure you have the latest version
installed.

--
MVP Award
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/mvpaward.asp

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi ...
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandi/MVP/index.htm

1. Linksys Router has problems with MSN Messenger

Is anyone able to use the PC to PC voice feature of MSN through a
Cable/DSL sharing router.  I find that I cannot use either this
feature or the file send feature.  I can however use the file receive
feature.  I currently have a linksys router.  I have assigned all the
PC's on my network static IPs and I have disabled the blocking WAN
request feature.  I have also followed the port forwarding
instructions on the MSN Messenger help page. I have even tried using
the DMZ feature.  None of these seem to work.  However, if I
disconnect the router and connect any of my client PC's directly to
the cable modem, these features (PC to PC voice and file send) do
work.
I know that these MSN features work with the SMC Barricade Router but
has anyone figured out how to get a Linksys router to work with them?

2. Outlook Express Word Wrap Question

3. MSN Probs sortred with Linksys BEFSR41 Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch

4. No lpt in win2000 PLEASE HELP

5. Linksys router and msn messenger 5.0

6. 2230 & HardFrame SOLD

7. MSN Messenger V4.6 Windows 2000 Pro and Linksys BEFWIIS4 V.2 Router Question

8. Word wrap in "To do List" report?

9. Msn Messanger / Linksys wireless G Router

10. Linksys 24G wireless Router/MSN messenger/Video Conf.

11. MSN 5.0 Video and Voice over Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router Not Working

12. Linksys WRT54G Router & MSN Messenger