MSN Messenger - connects rarely, and deletes contact list!

MSN Messenger - connects rarely, and deletes contact list!

Post by Gary » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 02:03:32

This just started happening recently...
I have a hell of a job connected to the MSN Messenger server - whether ICS
is turned off or on.  When I do connect, half the time my contact list has
been WIPED.  Any ideas?

MSN Messenger - connects rarely, and deletes contact list!

Post by Randy Charles Mori » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 03:44:15

This is happening to everyone. Nothing you can do about it.
--
Randy Charles Morin
Author of Programming Windows Services

Feel free to contact me by private email or messenger

Quote:> This just started happening recently...
> I have a hell of a job connected to the MSN Messenger server - whether ICS
> is turned off or on.  When I do connect, half the time my contact list has
> been WIPED.  Any ideas?

1. MSN Messenger - Deleted Contacts?

I Opened my MSN Messanger today to find that all the contacts i had added
had dissapeared.
This is fun because MSN chooses to store the contacts remotley, I switched
to MSN reluctantly from ICQ as most of the people i communicate with have
done so now, but this i must say has left a sour flavor in my mouth.
Has anyone else experienced this? (has the database partially crashed?) have
i been removed for some reason?
i constantly get messages saying 'this message could not be delivered' while
having conversations, and at least twice a week i find i cannot login to the
bloody thing as there is probably maintenece going on. Windows 2000 has
99.999% uptime (HAHA), so why the hell cant they use that to host the thing?
Please offer any advice, plans of action etc..
-Daniel

2. wish: backscrolling

3. MSN Messenger contact list doesn't show me online when i am

4. Does SSL use its own transmission control protocol?

5. Will I lose my contact list if i reinstall the msn messenger?

6. Cooee Software

7. msn messenger contact list

8. glare on screen of Palm VIIx

9. MSN Messenger From web - How to get online status of NON-IN-LIST contacts

10. MSN Messenger Contact List FIX

11. MSN Messenger - Contact List

12. Why Do Contacts Always Appear Offline MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

13. I deleted MSN messenger and installed Yahoo messenger instead...