All mail to my msn.com email account bounces...

All mail to my msn.com email account bounces...

Post by Carl » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 08:58:03

Is there any reason why all email to my MSN.COM email account bounces?

I can send mail from this acccount and all passport features work but
any mail sent there (from a number of different email providers) just
gets rejected with a message such as :-

207.46.181.13 does not like recipient.

Giving up on 207.46.181.13.

Apparently I'm an unknown user?? WTF?

1. Need incoming MSN http server name for an @msn.com email account, please...

I want to retrieve it into Outlook Express 6 and I know I have read this information here many times before.  I had saved a number of helpful newsgroup postings, but...I had to replace my hard drive last weekend and start all over from scratch with a fresh Windows NT install.  I foolishly had not backed up my email and newsgroup accounts to .iaf files and have to set them up again manually.

The account in question is an http account, originally created as a sub-account off my husband's MSN primary account several years ago.  He uses the MSN explorer (different computer) and I couldn't find the server name in that although it must be buried there somewhere.

I use a different ISP but I still get some email I want through that msn.com account.  My single hotmail account was easy to set up in OE 6 as were the POP 3 accounts I have from my ISP.

Microsoft must really not want you to do this...the name is sure hard to find.  I have just spent 4 hours searching on Google and also the Microsoft site looking for this information and all I can seem to find are the server names for setting up a POP 3 MSN account, which doesn't apply here.  I probably just didn't hit the right combination of keywords to search for.  Incidentally, I got through to the Office 2000 registration/activation code people and got a new code almost instantly during the Superbowl.  You gotta time these things just right!  Just do it when the rest of the people in the country are watching TV!

If someone can tell me the name I promise to back it ALL up once I'm done with this process.

Thank you in advance,

Maria
On day 5 of the great Everett, Washington computer disaster...

2. Simulating DMA transfers in VDSP++ 2.0 (SHARC)

3. emails to MSN accounts are bouncing back to senders

4. looking for contacts to discuss embedded software quality

5. Close a free e-mail account with msn.com

6. Diploidy in Ev. Comp.

7. no button to change password in @msn.com email accounts !

8. Is anybody actually interested in OO Analysis & Design or just XP ?

9. MSN.COM e-mail account and OutLook Express

10. HOW CAN I CREATE AN @MSN.COM E-MAIL ACCOUNT???

11. seting up an @msn.com email account in Outlook Express 6

12. XP creation of msn.com Passport email accounts(not working)

13. My relative's problems with secure.smtp.email.msn.com from a dialup MSN account