Can't send Outlook Express Email from behind MS Proxy Server 2.0

Can't send Outlook Express Email from behind MS Proxy Server 2.0

Post by Chris Water » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I'm accessing the Internet from behind MS Proxy Server 2.0.

I've installed the WinSock Proxy Client and now can access Internet
newsgroups--via Outlook Express. Using the same program, I can *receive*
email from my Internet account (MSN). However, I cannot *send* email. When I
attempt to, I get the following error:

"Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review
the list of errors below for more details." On the Tasks tab, the task "Send
1 message(s) using 'MSN'" has a Status of "Failed" with a Connection of
"LAN". On the Errors tab, there is a message:

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
inactivity. Account: 'MSN', Server: 'smtp.email.msn.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

What is causing this? FWIW, on the Property page for my MSN Mail account,
"Outgoing mail (SMTP)" is set to "smtp.email.msn.com" and "Incoming mail
(POP3)" is set to "pop3.email.msn.com".

Chris

1. Can't send SMTP email via Outlook Express

For nearly two days now I've been getting the following error message when
attempting to send email:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'MSN', Server:
'smtp.email.msn.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I am, however, able to receive email via the pop3.email.msn.com server.  My
account is over 5 years old and has never been associated with hotmail.  I'm
running IE 5.5 and Outlook Express v5.

Any ideas as to how I can rectify this?

2. Mail Routing Problem

3. Can't send email with MSN and outlook express

4. Set Allow inheritable permissions checkbox

5. WHY CAN'T I SEND EMAILS THRU OUTLOOK EXPRESS

6. FS:3COM ROUTER NETBUILDER II

7. Will MSN Messenger file transfer ever work behind MS Proxy 2.0?

8. "fully" interactive - what does it mean?

9. msn only lets outlook express send email

10. outlook express -- sending e-mails

11. MSN Messenger will not sent files through MS proxy 2.0

12. Troubles with sending "other" account e-mail with OutLook Express via MSN

13. Outlook express - can't send mail with MSN