How Many Versions of Internet Connection Wizard????

How Many Versions of Internet Connection Wizard????

Post by wayn » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

I'm trying to install Hotmail, in OE, so that, when I check my email, via
OE, I'l also automatically check and download any Hotmail as well.
Simple enough, according to MS' Tech article #Q220851: "How to Configure
Outlook Express to Use a Hotmail Account".
Problem, is when I try to do, what's suggested in the tech article, another
version of the Internet Connection Wizard opens up.   In this version, you
aren't given the option of using an existing email account (such as
Hotmail).   Instead, the version I have is used ONLY for setting up new
email accounts and demands that you enter POP3 and SMTP info, instead of the
HTTP info, which Hotmail uses.
What's up with this?    How many versions of the Internet Connection Wizard
are there?    Is there a work around for this*up?

How Many Versions of Internet Connection Wizard????

Post by pianogu » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

If you upgrade to OE 5 you will be able to add the hotmail account as described.

--
pianoguy
return email disabled

Quote:> I'm trying to install Hotmail, in OE, so that, when I check my email, via
> OE, I'l also automatically check and download any Hotmail as well.
> Simple enough, according to MS' Tech article #Q220851: "How to Configure
> Outlook Express to Use a Hotmail Account".
> Problem, is when I try to do, what's suggested in the tech article, another
> version of the Internet Connection Wizard opens up.   In this version, you
> aren't given the option of using an existing email account (such as
> Hotmail).   Instead, the version I have is used ONLY for setting up new
> email accounts and demands that you enter POP3 and SMTP info, instead of the
> HTTP info, which Hotmail uses.
> What's up with this?    How many versions of the Internet Connection Wizard
> are there?    Is there a work around for this*up?

1. How to share internet connection using Direct Cable Connection ?

Hi,
I am want to share my dial-up internet connection with another computer.
The host is running windows 2000 and client is windows 98.

Host and client are connected using a null-modem cable.
Microsoft internet sharing seems to require an ethernet LAN to do this
sharing.

I heard that we can do internet connection sharing through a direct cable
connection using some non-microsoft proxi servers.

Could anybody suggest me a FREE software that can do this job.

(I can change my local connection to dirrect parallel connection if it is
essential.
ButI prefer if I can do it using null-modem, because I have already done
it.)

Thanks a lot.
Kamal

2. modifying MIB

3. Internet assistance wizard in Excel

4. MonsterMode rendering of multiple pipelines

5. Need help with Excel's Internet Wizard

6. Remapping the Keyboard in DOS

7. Excel Internet Wizard Q

8. DJ560C Problems Under Win95.

9. Problem with Scan Wizard Pro TX Version 2.02

10. ANNOUNCE: ediSys Announces eZip Wizard Version 1.10

11. Elusive Internet Connection

12. X-Box Internet Connection (Wireless)

13. Internet Connection......????