POP-UPS, LOSE OF CONNECTION, LOCK-UPS, MESSENGER

POP-UPS, LOSE OF CONNECTION, LOCK-UPS, MESSENGER

Post by RAY MUYSKEN » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 07:16:24

HIGH

IS THIER ANY WAY OF STOPPING ALL THE POP-UPS AND
DOWNLOADING THAT HAPPENS? I HAD SEARCHED FOR A CAR AND
FOUND AN ADDRESS ON THE WEB THAT SEEMED INTERESTING. I
CLICKED ON IT BEGAN TO REVIEW THE INFORMATION AND OTHER
SCREENS STARTED APPEARING. HOW CAN I STOP THESE OR AT
LEAST REQUIRE A QUESTION IF I WANT TO LOAD IT??? I HAVE A
266 COMPUTER, I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 98, EXPLORER 6.0 AND
MSN 8 BUT THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN LOCKING-UP SEVERELY WHEN I
GET OBTO THE WEB, ANY SUGGESTS?? OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS I
CAN BE WORKING ON THE WEB AND GET A "SORRY YOU HAVE BEEN
DISCONNECTED, DO YOU WANT TO RECONNECT"? I NEVER GOT THESE
BEFORE, IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MSN?? MESSRNGER HASN'Y
WORKED SINCE I UPGRADED TO MSN 8 ABOUT 6 MONTHD AGO WHAT
IF ANYTHING CAN I DO??

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE

POP-UPS, LOSE OF CONNECTION, LOCK-UPS, MESSENGER

Post by Tom Reynold » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 14:05:26

Someone posted this link the other day, maybe it will help.

Every now and then someone posts a request here for info re pop up stoppers.
Just came across this link, and there are a ton of them here.  For anyone
who
might like to take a look, here it is.

http://www.webattack.com/freeware/misctools/fwpopblock.shtml

Bryce Martin

Quote:> HIGH

> IS THIER ANY WAY OF STOPPING ALL THE POP-UPS AND
> DOWNLOADING THAT HAPPENS? I HAD SEARCHED FOR A CAR AND
> FOUND AN ADDRESS ON THE WEB THAT SEEMED INTERESTING. I
> CLICKED ON IT BEGAN TO REVIEW THE INFORMATION AND OTHER
> SCREENS STARTED APPEARING. HOW CAN I STOP THESE OR AT
> LEAST REQUIRE A QUESTION IF I WANT TO LOAD IT??? I HAVE A
> 266 COMPUTER, I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 98, EXPLORER 6.0 AND
> MSN 8 BUT THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN LOCKING-UP SEVERELY WHEN I
> GET OBTO THE WEB, ANY SUGGESTS?? OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS I
> CAN BE WORKING ON THE WEB AND GET A "SORRY YOU HAVE BEEN
> DISCONNECTED, DO YOU WANT TO RECONNECT"? I NEVER GOT THESE
> BEFORE, IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MSN?? MESSRNGER HASN'Y
> WORKED SINCE I UPGRADED TO MSN 8 ABOUT 6 MONTHD AGO WHAT
> IF ANYTHING CAN I DO??

> THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE

POP-UPS, LOSE OF CONNECTION, LOCK-UPS, MESSENGER

Post by Sandi - Microsoft MV » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:51:46

Please do not type in all capitals. It is very hard to read and is
considered to be SHOUTING!!!

Your computer has most likely been hijacked.  For information about pop-up
windows, how to get rid of them, and prevent them in the future have a look
at the link below:

http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm#pop_up

Sandi Hardmeier - MVP since 1999
Home Site: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer
Information about the MVP Programme including a list of GENUINE Microsoft
MVPs:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Quote:> HIGH