I cannot send a file to my friend with messenger 5.0...

I cannot send a file to my friend with messenger 5.0...

Post by Sang-Young No » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 00:29:57

Dear all,

I have done upgrade my messenger from v4.5 to v5.0.
But after doing that, I cannot send a file to my friend.
But my friend using messenger v4.5 can send me a file.
What's wrong with my messenger?

Please help me.

Best regards,
S. Noh.

I cannot send a file to my friend with messenger 5.0...

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 02:19:51

Greetings,

Are you using a router?  If so, your router may support some "built in" Messenger file
sending capability, which is conflicting with the new UPnP enabled file transfer in
Messenger.  Regardless, you may just want to uninstall 5.0 (from the Add/Remove in the
Control Panel) and then download and install 4.6 again:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/msnmessenger/install/4.6/win98...
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> Dear all,

> I have done upgrade my messenger from v4.5 to v5.0.
> But after doing that, I cannot send a file to my friend.
> But my friend using messenger v4.5 can send me a file.
> What's wrong with my messenger?

> Please help me.

> Best regards,
> S. Noh.

1. Cannot send files through MSN Messenger

I've looked everywhere I can find to disable firewall in Windows XP pro.
Thought it was but MSN Messenger is still hindered by a firewall or proxy on
my machine.  I don't have a network; it's a single desktop PC running the
latest WinXP Pro and messenger.

Can anyone direct me to a step by step solution or where I should look to
solve this hindrance.

Darrell
http://www.utahhousevalues.com

2. 8bit characters

3. cannot send files! with messenger 5

4. max-lisp-eval-depth

5. cannot send or receive files on messenger

6. Enable Write Caching on SCSI-HDD's

7. Can send, cannot receive in 5.0

8. problem with ntp!!!!

9. Cannot install Messenger 'cos I've only IE version 5.0

10. Cannot install MSN Messenger 5.0

11. CANNOT SIGN IN TO MSN MESSENGER 5.0

12. I cannot send files...

13. Cannot send file