If i block someone can they tell?

Post by Marc » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:46:14

Hi all,
My brother & I are constantly messing around with each
other and I want to block him on Messenger in order to
send out some information through my screen name to
another guy we know. For the prank to work he can't
suspect I'm blocking him for the weekend. Is ther anyway
he can tell if I block him?
Thanks

If i block someone can they tell?

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:48:08

Greetings Marco,

No, he'll just appear offline.

There is one "trick" to find out if someone has blocked you (by using another account, or
various web gateways that will check for you), to stop this from working, open up the main
Messenger window, click the Tools menu, then Options, then Privacy tab, click "All users" or
"All other users" (depending on version) in the Allow list (if it's already in the block
list, then you have nothing to worry about) and then click the Block >> button.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> Hi all,
> My brother & I are constantly messing around with each
> other and I want to block him on Messenger in order to
> send out some information through my screen name to
> another guy we know. For the prank to work he can't
> suspect I'm blocking him for the weekend. Is ther anyway
> he can tell if I block him?
> Thanks

If i block someone can they tell?

Post by Marc » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 17:20:14

How could I find out if he blocked me?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Greetings Marco,

>No, he'll just appear offline.

>There is one "trick" to find out if someone has blocked

you (by using another account, or
Quote:>various web gateways that will check for you), to stop

this from working, open up the main
Quote:>Messenger window, click the Tools menu, then Options,

then Privacy tab, click "All users" or
Quote:>"All other users" (depending on version) in the Allow

list (if it's already in the block
Quote:>list, then you have nothing to worry about) and then

click the Block >> button.
>Jonathan Kay
>Windows MVP, Messenger
>Associate Expert

>> Hi all,
>> My brother & I are constantly messing around with each
>> other and I want to block him on Messenger in order to
>> send out some information through my screen name to
>> another guy we know. For the prank to work he can't
>> suspect I'm blocking him for the weekend. Is ther
anyway
>> he can tell if I block him?
>> Thanks

>.

If i block someone can they tell?

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 21:50:25

Hi Marco,

If he's vulnerable to the "trick", you can go to http://www.mess.be and click the "MSN
Status/Block Checker" (which appears to be down as I write this) or login to Messenger using
a Passport he doesn't know, click the Actions menu, then Send an Instant Message, click the
Other tab, enter his Passport e-mail, click OK and then see if his e-mail changes to his
name.  If it does, then he's online (and has you blocked if you see him as offline on your
normal contact list), if it doesn't, then he's not online or he has 'All Users' blocked (as
below).
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

> How could I find out if he blocked me?

Post by J e r e m » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:02:59

If they have an MSN Mobile account setup to recieve text messages on a pager
or cell phone, the option to send a messege to mobile device is also
disabled for that user when they have you blocked.

J e r e m y

> How could I find out if he blocked me?

1. Can someone please tell me?

When I bought my HP Scanjet II scanner about 2 years ago, I received a
Symbios Logic 53C416 SCSI adapter with it and a proprietary card for it
also. I elected to install the SCSI card. I was wondering if it is possible
to hook other devices (zip drive) to that card  and windows would see that
device and I could use

2. Any real news from the Amiga shows?

3. UMAX USA SUCKS!!! --Someone please tell me...

4. EARN MORE

5. Can someone tell me the release date of...

6. SEIC News, January 10, 1997

7. can someone tell me what hdtv is please

8. Minix and UUCP

9. Someone tell me the real answer to this question

10. Someone plz tell me whats in the OXM and the dmos

11. Can someone tell me how this works?

12. Can someone tell me of any Excel competitors?

13. Can someone tell me the address for Lotus?