MSN/Hotmail & Outlook 2002 Integration

Post by Landr » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:48:36

Is it just me, or is Hotmail always SLOOOOOW?

Not sure if anyone has had an opportunity to see this, but here is a
screenshot of my Outlook 2002 with "Hotmail" account. A bit different setup
with the ads compared to Outlook Express...a bit more intrusive in my
opinion....any comments?

MSN/Hotmail & Outlook 2002 Integration

Post by Beck » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:37:08

Actually ........
The layout looks pretty nice to me .
Ads will just be a part of all online life ........ I just ignore them  :-)
Thanks for showing this Brian,
Becky

Not sure if anyone has had an opportunity to see this, but here is a
screenshot of my Outlook 2002 with "Hotmail" account. A bit different setup
with the ads compared to Outlook Express...a bit more intrusive in my
opinion....any comments?

MSN/Hotmail & Outlook 2002 Integration

Post by Jim » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 00:11:28

No - they won't.  Not for all.  What a pity but there is a thriving industry afoot to thwart all this pushed crap.  If you don't want OE ads go here:  http://www.collakesoftware.com/

and find:  Outlook Express v5.x Ad Killer

We'll even find a direct, or indirect, way to be able to choose a MSNIE home page before long.  The word is they're waiting on 7 before committing.
-Jim- [ex-MVP - MSN]
With MSN - Failure is NOT an option
It comes bundled with the service

With MSN - Lying is NOT an option
It's Standard Operating Procedure
"No E-mail will be lost"
"Will be available Mid-March"
"We WILL provide 'standard' web hosting"

  Ads will just be a part of all online life

MSN/Hotmail & Outlook 2002 Integration

Post by Rian » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 00:39:56

Works great! Thanks for posting the link.
 Riane

Quote:>> If you don't want OE ads go here:  http://www.collakesoftware.com/

and find:  Outlook Express v5.x Ad Killer<<

MSN/Hotmail & Outlook 2002 Integration

Post by Jim » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 00:39:25

Put it in your start folder and you'll not have to ever worry about it.
-Jim- [ex-MVP - MSN]
With MSN - Failure is NOT an option
It comes bundled with the service

With MSN - Lying is NOT an option
It's Standard Operating Procedure
"No E-mail will be lost"
"Will be available Mid-March"
"We WILL provide 'standard' web hosting"

  Works great! Thanks for posting the link.
   Riane

  >> If you don't want OE ads go here:  http://www.collakesoftware.com/
  and find:  Outlook Express v5.x Ad Killer<<

MSN/Hotmail & Outlook 2002 Integration

Post by Landr » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 06:05:14

www.webwasher.com  works great for me.  Supresses most ads/popups, very
configurable, and best of all...FREE!

Post by Sandi Hardmeier MV » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:55:29

>>We'll even find a direct, or indirect, way to be able to choose a MSNIE home page before long.<<

I'm working on that one. I suspect it will involve editing a *.dll though - not something that the average user can do. :-/

--

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi ...

MSN/Hotmail & Outlook 2002 Integration

Post by ~ » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:08:29

Ya better hurry 'cause a LOT of other good folks are doing the same.  I wish I have my old Xtree Gold here so I could take the .exe apart and look there.  I know there are many utilities that do that, it's just that I don't have a need for one anymore and as such don't have one.

I've looked everywhere else related except the dll s and the exe.  Finding is may be one thing.  Keeping it changes may be another.  It may get sent over the net with each opening of MSNIE.  If so it'll be a little harder to change.
-Jim-

Post by Sandi Hardmeier M » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:44:26

Quote:>------=_NextPart_000_00C0_01C0B221.2B40B620
>Ya better hurry 'cause a LOT of other good folks are doing the same.  I
>wish I have my old Xtree Gold here so I could take the .exe apart and
>look there.  I know there are many utilities that do that, it's just
>that I don't have a need for one anymore and as such don't have one.

AFAIC there is no race going on here.  This is not something that you rush
- see below.

Quote:>I've looked everywhere else related except the dll s and the exe.
>Finding is may be one thing.  Keeping it changes may be another.  It may
>get sent over the net with each opening of MSNIE.  If so it'll be a
>little harder to change

Time will tell. The fix has to work, and it has to be legal ie: it must not
invalidate a user's right to technical support from MSN or their computer's
supplier. In addition, it must not cause damage to other internal processes
on the computer that may be carried out by any particular *.dll

Sandi
Microsoft MVP
(Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)

MSN/Hotmail & Outlook 2002 Integration

Post by ~ » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:53:59

I'm kinda surprised that some of the MSN dev folks haven't 'leaked' the pointers to this work-a-round to the utilities industry yet.
-J-

Time will tell. The fix has to work, and it has to be legal ie: it must not
invalidate a user's right to technical support from MSN or their computer's
supplier. In addition, it must not cause damage to other internal processes
on the computer that may be carried out by any particular *.dll

MSN/Hotmail & Outlook 2002 Integration

Post by ~ » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:56:08

Sandi -  on what part of the continent are you located?  Curious only because no oldest son lives there.
-J-

Post by Sandi Hardmeier M » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:16:28

Quote:>------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C0B251.6F3037E0
>I'm kinda surprised that some of the MSN dev folks haven't 'leaked' the
>pointers to this work-a-round to the utilities industry yet.  -J-

Maybe they have - I haven't gone looking

Post by Sandi Hardmeier M » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:15:49

Quote:>------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C0B251.BC0DF3E0
>Sandi -  on what part of the continent are you located?  Curious only
>because no oldest son lives there.

'no oldest son' <?> I assume you mean 'my oldest son'?

West Coast, but my kids and I are not in any phone book, for obvious
reasons ;-)

Sandi
Microsoft MVP
(Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)

MSN/Hotmail & Outlook 2002 Integration

Post by Sandi Hardmeier MV » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 08:09:40

Well goodie for the hackers. Guess what. I'm not one so what's your point?

--

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi ...
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandi/MVP/index.htm

Quote:> Are you kidding?  Since when did hackers check

MSN/Hotmail & Outlook 2002 Integration

Post by Sandi Hardmeier M » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:10:34

Quote:>Not sure I have one...<big sleepy grin>

:-)