I am brain dead tonite

Post by Reggi » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:51:10

One more time....I do I copy the active window to the clipboard and then
copy it to a newsgroup posting I want to make? It has a been a long while
since I have done that and I my research has failed me.

Reggie

I am brain dead tonite

Post by Sandi - Microsoft MV » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:54:52

Quote:> One more time....I do I copy the active window to the clipboard and then
> copy it to a newsgroup posting I want to make? It has a been a long while
> since I have done that and I my research has failed me.

I use MWsnap which can quickly copy an entire desktop, or active window, or
part thereof in a very small format.  A lot better than using "Print
Screen" which creates giant graphics.

MWSnap is available here
(freewhttp://www.mirekw.com/

Sandi Hardmeier
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer
Full list of Microsoft MVPs:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpawardintro

I am brain dead tonite

Post by Reggi » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:53:25

Should read, How do I......

Quote:> One more time....I do I copy the active window to the clipboard and then
> copy it to a newsgroup posting I want to make? It has a been a long while
> since I have done that and I my research has failed me.

> Reggie

I am brain dead tonite

Post by ...winsto » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 11:13:07

Alt Prt Screen or on some machines(FN Prt Scrn)
Open a graphics program(
Paste the clipboard(usually on the menu via edit/paste)
Crop only the portion of the pic that is necessary
Save the cropped portion as a gif or jpg file

To insert in a newsgroup message..one must post using rich text(html) and then insert the message.

Note: not all newsgroups have the same opinion of graphics inserted into usenet posts...depending upon the forum, you may(may not) be called many names beside your posting name for doing so<g>
 ..winston

: One more time....I do I copy the active window to the clipboard and then
: copy it to a newsgroup posting I want to make? It has a been a long while
: since I have done that and I my research has failed me.
:
: Reggie
:
:

1. Robot brain-dead?

Well, last night I was trying to get my defunct custom HC11 setup to work..
I'm using a 68hc811e2 48pin DIP with 2k of EEPROM and 256bytes of RAM. I
have it hooked up to the standard 8mhz crystal and a MAX232ACPE chip with
1uf caps. Power is supplied by a National Semiconductor LM2596T-5.0 5v
Simple Switcher chip (These are GREAT, order samples today!). It outputs 3

HC11 setup just stopped working. It was after I had made a PCB with the
Radio Shack cheap-o PCB etch kit, soldered one of my 5 (now 4) remaining
HC11s to it (bought a tube of 7, blew one up, memory failed on another) and
a spare crystal and it didn't work when I plugged it into my spare
MAX232ACPE (Didn't have enough caps, so I borrowed some from my main board)
and it didnt work. I returned the caps and tossed the board, after trying in
vain to get it working. Well now I plug my board in and.. what?
communications failure (HCLoad: Reset your HC11)! Well I did, and it just
didn't work. I tried checking EVERYTHING, cable connections, you name it. I
decided to rebuild my MAX232 circuit on a different plugboard. Well I got
the Rx/TX lines to the 'HC11 backwards and didnt realize it until I had
swapped in all of my other HC11s to test them. Did I just blow out 4 'HC11s
or did something else happen? I tested the voltage like demonstrated in the
Handy Board assembly FAQ on the Max232 and it read +/- 10 volts, is that OK?

Please help me...

Thanks,
Daniel Weatherford

2. Help applewriter II conversion

3. So why doesn't MS give us a new g3d.dll if its brain dead?

4. Designing for Interactive touch screens. Anybody want to discuss???

5. Alternate termcaps for Brain Dead Terminals

6. EZCD 4.02 coaster maker

7. Web site map appears to be brain-dead with scripts and relative references?

8. Gordon Bell on Bob Palmer

9. This Is Your Brain On SAS...This Is MIT's Brain On Java...Any Questions?

10. I am looking for a dead "17 Mono NeXT Monitor.

11. I am picked for xbox live and I am from brooklyn new york

12. Anyone own EVIL DEAD on DVD (Special Edition-comes with the Book of the Dead)?

13. I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass