Outlook Express SP1 version and MSM Messenger 5.0 for XP

Outlook Express SP1 version and MSM Messenger 5.0 for XP

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:15:22

Greetings David,

Unfortunately no.  MSN Messenger 5 isn't integrated into Windows XP like Windows Messenger is
(more technically, the COM control is different).  At the moment, there isn't anything you
can really do to integrate MSN Messenger 5 into OE.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> I am currently running Windows XP with SP1 installed. With
> Windows Messenger, it intergrate fully in Outlook Express.
> Is it possible to do the same with MSN Messenger
> installed - ie when MSN Messenger logs in, my Address Book
> in Outlook Express shows my online contacts as it does
> when Windows Messenger is logged in?

1. Windows XP + Outlook Express + PGP Freeware 7.0.3 + outlook plugin = problems

2. a printing problem

3. load the messenger with outlook or outlook express

4. What is this newsgroup for?

5. PGP 6.0 and international vesion of Outlook express 4.01 sp1

6. SCSI-II choices.

7. Outlook Express plugin Ok before MSIE 4.01 SP1 - Now NO

8. Read images in DICOM format ?

9. MSM Messenger 4.6 wants to clean up after 5.0 upgrade?

10. MSN Messenger 5.0 - Outlook 2002 Instant messenger feature integration

11. Office XP SP1 and Msn Mail with Outlook

12. Messenger 5.0/ I.E 6.0 and SP1

13. Problems with XP SP1 & Messenger