Junk mail filter not work in my MSN MAIL

Junk mail filter not work in my MSN MAIL

Post by Mi » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 13:21:56

There is a problem of junk mail filter with my MSN account

I think now the junk mail filter and the custom
filters are necessory to me. But neither works.

When I turn the Junk Mail Filter to low, These mails
will be delivered to the inbox:
1. Sender from my address books.
2. From Msn or Hotmail domain.
All other mails will be delivered to junk mail. Even a
test mail from my yahoo account.

The custom filters also does not works.
when i set:

inbox.

into junk mail.

when i apply, all emails were put into junk mail box.

Anyone can  help me? It's very important to me.

thanks

Regards Min

Junk mail filter not work in my MSN MAIL

Post by Kuay Ti » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 21:44:35

Hi Min,

At this point in time I would not want MSN/Hotmail/Microsoft watching over my e-mail. From everything I've read they want to be free to send spam when it's to their advantage. This conflict of interest ties MSN's hands in the spam war, IMO. I use another ISP (not MSN-IA) and have near zero spam. My Yahoo! Mail account has been spam free, except when I gave my ISP account address. A dummy contact e-mail address proved helpful with Yahoo! Mail in preventing spam. Also important is  choosing user names that are not common first names or combinations of common names, and not opting to receive unsolicited mail.

Hopefully MSN can help with the information they provide for setting-up a junk mail folder. A link to Inbox Guardian instructions can be found at the following page;
http://www.spamcon.org/directories/filtered-mailboxes.shtml
I'd use a direct link if it weren't so long, or if I knew you would not have trouble with an embedded link.

Other means of preventing spam can be found on this site that is dedicated to fighting spam. One way is to use a forwarding service that filters e-mail.

Others will have to provide a direct answer to your question about the Junk Mail filter.

--
Tim K.
Lynnwood, WA

  There is a problem of junk mail filter with my MSN account

  I think now the junk mail filter and the custom
  filters are necessory to me. But neither works.

  When I turn the Junk Mail Filter to low, These mails
  will be delivered to the inbox:
  1. Sender from my address books.
  2. From Msn or Hotmail domain.
  All other mails will be delivered to junk mail. Even a
  test mail from my yahoo account.

  The custom filters also does not works.
  when i set:

  inbox.

  into junk mail.

  when i apply, all emails were put into junk mail box.

  Anyone can  help me? It's very important to me.

  thanks

  Regards Min

Junk mail filter not work in my MSN MAIL

Post by ...winsto » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 04:53:27

For the last few days(Fri-Sun).with all of.my hotmail accounts  set to 'exclusive'..All mail including spam regardless of address actual or forged in to/cc/bcc is being delivered to the inbox..nothing to the junk(bulk) mail folder..
 ...winston

There is a problem of junk mail filter with my MSN account

I think now the junk mail filter and the custom
filters are necessory to me. But neither works.

1. junk mail filter not working

Can someone let me know how to contact MSN to find out why
my junk mail filter no longer works when it appears to be
activated at max. potential? I love my account and
everyone has me addressd, so changing it would be a major
hassle. But I get 40-plus junk mails a day, oftens with
repeats.
Thanks for your help!!!
Beth

2. Subscribing to newsgroup

3. Junk Mail filters in updated online Hotmail

4. Problem: Samba and secondary DNS-server

5. how to setup msn mail in netscape mail program

6. Odd, odd, REALLY odd problem with ST225N and GVP series II

7. MSN mail and third party mail

8. PGP 6.0.2 - Sending E-Mail

9. Outlook Express as mail-client for MSN mail account

10. Does MSN allow POP3/SMTP access to other mail services like Yahoo mail

11. Can't receive any mail on my MSN mail account

12. retreiving mail from MSN using a third party mail client?