MSN Messenger with Outlook Express?

Post by MaccaM » Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:39:44

Why wont MSN Messenger 5.0 work with Outlook express? It use to with Windows
Messenger but not with this new version. I don't want to have to reinstall
Windows Messenger because MSN looks and works alot more funkier! Any help to
let me know how to see my MSN contacts in Outlook Express would be greatly
appreciated....
Cheers!
--

MSN Messenger with Outlook Express?

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:44:09

Greetings,

Unfortunately, Outlook Express is designed to work with Messenger 4.x releases only -- it
currently doesn't support Messenger 5 -- there isn't much you can do about this until a new
Outlook Express version becomes available.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

> Why wont MSN Messenger 5.0 work with Outlook express? It use to with Windows
> Messenger but not with this new version. I don't want to have to reinstall
> Windows Messenger because MSN looks and works alot more funkier! Any help to
> let me know how to see my MSN contacts in Outlook Express would be greatly
> appreciated....
> Cheers!
> --

MSN Messenger with Outlook Express?

Post by Test Ma » Sat, 21 Dec 2002 20:54:38

I have Outlook Express and it works fine with MSN Messenger 5.  That said,
if the user has XP then of course it will not support MSN Messenger as it
will only work with the integrated messaging app i.e. Windows Messenger.

> Greetings,

> Unfortunately, Outlook Express is designed to work with Messenger 4.x
releases only -- it
> currently doesn't support Messenger 5 -- there isn't much you can do about
this until a new
> Outlook Express version becomes available.
> Jonathan Kay
> Windows MVP, Messenger
> Associate Expert

Quote:> > Why wont MSN Messenger 5.0 work with Outlook express? It use to with
Windows
> > Messenger but not with this new version. I don't want to have to
reinstall
> > Windows Messenger because MSN looks and works alot more funkier! Any
help to
> > let me know how to see my MSN contacts in Outlook Express would be
greatly
> > appreciated....
> > Cheers!
> > --

1. MSN Messenger and Outlook Express ?

In the past MSN Messenger always signed into my Hotmail Inbox but this
morning it started opening Outlook Express which is not the account I want
it to open. I did nothing to change the setting and don't know how to set it
back to checking my msn.com "hotmail" account.

--

Larry D. Gibbs

http://www.larrygibbs.com/
Only left handed people are in their right mind.

2. Front Page not taken seriously in pro world

3. MSN Messenger and Outlook Express

4. Dead Comp. Arch. Society c.par/c.s.super (26/28) FAQ

5. MSN Messenger & Outlook Express

6. cmd window problem with acp2??

7. can't start outlook express without msn messenger 6.0

8. spot colour screen angles

9. MSN Messenger opening with outlook express

10. Outlook Express 6 and MSN Messenger

11. outlook express and msn messenger

12. MSN Messenger option in Outlook Express

13. Outlook Express will not recognize MSN Messenger