Getting rid of v5.0 & getting another MSN Messenger

Getting rid of v5.0 & getting another MSN Messenger

Post by Melani » Fri, 27 Dec 2002 05:13:51

Can someone tell me how to fully get rid of MSN Messenger
5.0?

Also, if you can, can someone please tell me where I can
find another MSN Messenger that will work with Windows ME
besides MSN Messenger v5.0?

Getting rid of v5.0 & getting another MSN Messenger

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Fri, 27 Dec 2002 06:06:57

Greetings Melaine,

To fully get rid of MSN Messenger 5, just click Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and
remove MSN Messenger 5 there.

You can use the previous version of MSN Messenger (4.6) to connect:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/msnmessenger/install/4.6/win98...

As well, if you want another instant messaging application that will connect to the .NET
Messenger network, try Trillian (http://www.trillian.cc).
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> Can someone tell me how to fully get rid of MSN Messenger
> 5.0?

> Also, if you can, can someone please tell me where I can
> find another MSN Messenger that will work with Windows ME
> besides MSN Messenger v5.0?

1. GETTING RID OF MSN MESSENGER

I was advised to try to use MSN Messenger to try to solve
my audio/video conversation problems.  I installed it,
but it would not connect to the internet, let alone solve
my problems.  I have uninstalled it through add remove
programs.  Since then, I can still see it in start up in
msconfig (I've disabled it)  My Windows Messenger doesn't
load at start up.  When I start Windows Messenger
manually, and click the X it disappears completely,
rather than minimizing to the control tray, and my Norton
Internet Security 2002 suffers iamapp.exe problems
whenever I start it up at start up and Explorer starts.
How do I tottally erase MSN Messenger?  Why do Microsoft
products cause such problems?  Why wouldn't MSN Messenger
connect?  Why won't Windows Messenger start at start up
anymore?
Why does Microsoft work so hard at pissing people off?

2. SIMM Modules

3. Newbie...getting rid of MSN Explorer/Messenger in favor of IE 6.0

4. **NetWare to NT Workstation migration Tool**

5. Getting rid of The MSN Messenger file in the msconfig startup!

6. mysqld crashes and restarts on connect attempt

7. Need Help Getting Audio & Video to work in MSN Messenger under WindowsXP Pro

8. CF_HDROP and drag and drop

9. Getting rid of a MSN Messanger entry

10. Getting rid of the older version of MSN client

11. Help w/ getting rid of msn contract

12. Getting rid of MSN

13. Getting Rid of MSN Internet Access on my computer