no sound on mess 6

Post by repo ma » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 08:10:56

Hi when me and my friend try to connect on * we can get the picture ok
but no sound...?
sound works on normal windows messenger 4.7
Any Ideas..?

England UK

no sound on mess 6

Post by Jonatha » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 08:44:21

i have the EXACT same PROBLEM..
both the sound and * work perfectly fine on windows
messenger 4.7

but on MSN 6.0.. i can only see the pics..

no sound on mess 6

Post by repo ma » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 09:13:30

This is totally weird if I find the problem john ill let you know ...!
All the best
Mark

Quote:> i have the EXACT same PROBLEM..
> both the sound and * work perfectly fine on windows
> messenger 4.7

> but on MSN 6.0.. i can only see the pics..

no sound on mess 6

Post by Jack » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 09:15:54

Did you try clicking the Audio button?  If so, what kind of connection do
you use to access the internet?

Quote:> Hi when me and my friend try to connect on * we can get the picture
ok
> but no sound...?
> sound works on normal windows messenger 4.7
> Any Ideas..?

> England UK

no sound on mess 6

Post by Vera » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:48:08

Both side must request for each others permission to
allow audio. After one party had accepted audio request,
the party must click onto the audio button to request the
other party for audio connection. Hope this helps.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi when me and my friend try to connect on * we can
get the picture ok
>but no sound...?
>sound works on normal windows messenger 4.7
>Any Ideas..?

>England UK

>.

no sound on mess 6

Post by repo ma » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:54:00

Hi Jack...
Yes I did try pressing the audio button.. we both have 1meg cable
connections.
We also ran the audio and * tuning wizard...
Even switched both our firewalls off....
I do have a linksys cable router so maybe I'll have to look at some settings
in there? (as I know and I believe that the firewall is disabled in the
linksys)
If I find anything out I'll let you guys know about it
As I have mentioned before windows xp professional on both computers running
windows messenger 4.7 works fine audio and *!?
Thanks Again
Mark
England UK

> Did you try clicking the Audio button?  If so, what kind of connection do
> you use to access the internet?

> > Hi when me and my friend try to connect on * we can get the picture
> ok
> > but no sound...?
> > sound works on normal windows messenger 4.7
> > Any Ideas..?

> > England UK

no sound on mess 6

Post by repo ma » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:01:26

Thanks Vera...
I'm sure we've tried that but will give it a go....
Will let you know...

*Both side must request for each others permission to

Quote:> allow audio*

I'm aware of that but my friend might not be?

But surly then wouldn't he or I be able to hear something?..
if just one person gave permission for audio?

Thanks Again
Mark
England UK

Quote:> Both side must request for each others permission to