Instant Messanger

Post by Dunca » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 21:43:10

When my wife logs into her profile on XP, our daughter's
Chat Room shows ...what's up ?
Can I stop the chat room from coming up automatically &
also to stop Instant Messanger from signing in
automatically on any of these accounts ?

Thanks,
Duncan

Instant Messanger

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 22:04:04

Greetings Duncan,

What exactly do you mean by "chat room"?  To stop Messenger from automatically signing in,
click the Start Button, then click the
Control Panel. Then, click User Accounts in the Control Panel.  Select your  wife's) account
name, and then on the left side of the screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network
Passwords'.  In the window that opens, click the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry and click
'Remove'.  Then restart Messenger and it will no longer auto login.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> When my wife logs into her profile on XP, our daughter's
> Chat Room shows ...what's up ?
> Can I stop the chat room from coming up automatically &
> also to stop Instant Messanger from signing in
> automatically on any of these accounts ?

> Thanks,
> Duncan

Instant Messanger

Post by Dunca » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 23:11:39

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Greetings Duncan,

>What exactly do you mean by "chat room"?  To stop

Messenger from automatically signing in,
Quote:>click the Start Button, then click the
>Control Panel. Then, click User Accounts in the Control

Panel.  Select your  wife's) account
Quote:>name, and then on the left side of the screen, under

Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network
Quote:>Passwords'.  In the window that opens, click the

Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry and click
>'Remove'.  Then restart Messenger and it will no longer
auto login.
>Jonathan Kay
>Windows MVP, Messenger
>Associate Expert

>> When my wife logs into her profile on XP, our
daughter's
>> Chat Room shows ...what's up ?
>> Can I stop the chat room from coming up automatically &
>> also to stop Instant Messanger from signing in
>> automatically on any of these accounts ?

>> Thanks,
>> Duncan

>.
>I meant the chat rooms that show up on MSN. She's able

to instant message with her buddies.

My wife's account does not have the above options,
neither does my daughter's but mine does. We are all
computer administraters.

Duncan

Instant Messanger

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 02:16:44

Hi Duncan,

Every account should have the option to remove the Passport.Net\* entry however, you might
try this instead.  Click Start, then Run, enter:
"control userpasswords2", click the Advanced tab, then Manage Passwords, click the
Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry and click the 'Remove' button.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert