MSN Messenger opening with outlook express

MSN Messenger opening with outlook express

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 01:12:43

Greetings Karen,

You can stop this from happening by making a registry change.  Just open the registry (Click
start, then Run, enter regedit.exe and
click OK) and go to the key (looks like a folder),
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express.  Click the Edit menu, and select New,
then DWORD.  Name the new DWORD 'Hide Messenger' (no quotes) and then double click on it and
enter '2' as the value (without quotes). Then click OK, exit out of the registry editor and
load Outlook Express.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> I have installed MSN Messenger and it has linked itself
> with my outlook express. So everytime I open up outlook
> express MSN messenger opens as well and I can not exit out
> of it until I exit outlook express. I can not have it this
> way. I also have this on my other PC and do not have this
> problem. Any idea's? I have checked the settings and I
> can't figure it out. I have also tried uninstalling and
> reinstalling it.

MSN Messenger opening with outlook express

Post by Kare » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 01:24:08

It worked. Thank You so much!!!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Greetings Karen,

>You can stop this from happening by making a registry

change.  Just open the registry (Click
Quote:>start, then Run, enter regedit.exe and
>click OK) and go to the key (looks like a folder),
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express.

Click the Edit menu, and select New,
Quote:>then DWORD.  Name the new DWORD 'Hide Messenger' (no

quotes) and then double click on it and
Quote:>enter '2' as the value (without quotes). Then click OK,

exit out of the registry editor and
>load Outlook Express.
>Jonathan Kay
>Windows MVP, Messenger
>Associate Expert

>> I have installed MSN Messenger and it has linked itself
>> with my outlook express. So everytime I open up outlook
>> express MSN messenger opens as well and I can not exit
out
>> of it until I exit outlook express. I can not have it
this
>> way. I also have this on my other PC and do not have
this
>> problem. Any idea's? I have checked the settings and I
>> can't figure it out. I have also tried uninstalling and
>> reinstalling it.

>.

MSN Messenger opening with outlook express

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 01:54:13

Hi Karen,

You're very welcome =).
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

> It worked. Thank You so much!!!

1. msn messenger opening with outlook express

Hi people,

When outlook express starts, i can't find any way to stop msn messenger
load in the first place, as i only use msn occasionally. It's not a major
problem, only slightly annoying.

Has anyone any idea how to stop it doing that?

Thanks,
Steve

2. CA for Win95

3. Messenger opening Outlook Express instead of hotmail

4. : Reliability of systems

5. can't start outlook express without msn messenger 6.0

6. experience with printing, scanning fax like HP 500?

7. MSN Messenger with Outlook Express?

8. Urgent: I need a Adapter for JAZ-Drive

9. Outlook Express 6 and MSN Messenger

10. MSN Messenger and Outlook Express ?

11. MSN Messenger and Outlook Express

12. outlook express and msn messenger

13. MSN Messenger option in Outlook Express