Newsgroup Descriptions???

Post by Wayn » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

When I download my MSNNews groups, the best I can manage are partial,
abbreviated descriptions of what the newsgroups are.     And, folks there
literally are tens of thousands from which to choose.
Now, when I logged onto another news server and download their newsgroups, I
got some very nice, complete descriptions of what the newsgroups are.
What's the problem?    Any solutions you can suggest?

Newsgroup Descriptions???

Post by pianogu » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

Have you tried placing your pointer over the little divider line between
Newsgroups and Descriptions until it turns into a double arrow and sliding it to
the right?

--
pianoguy
return email disabled

Quote:> When I download my MSNNews groups, the best I can manage are partial,
> abbreviated descriptions of what the newsgroups are.     And, folks there
> literally are tens of thousands from which to choose.
> Now, when I logged onto another news server and download their newsgroups, I
> got some very nice, complete descriptions of what the newsgroups are.
> What's the problem?    Any solutions you can suggest?

Newsgroup Descriptions???

Post by kip » Mon, 15 May 2000 04:00:00

In OE, Go to Tools, Accounts, News, Click on the newsgroup you are having a
problems with. Click on Properties. Click on Advanced. Half way down is "
Use Newsgroups Descriptions"

--
Kip

Newsgroup Descriptions???

Post by John Eckar » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

Don't forget, you need to redownload the Newsgroup list to get the descriptions.

I am using netnews.msn.com and I have no descriptions, unless there are so few I'm not noticing them. In other news servers I use, there is a descriptions for just about every group in the list, so obviously this MSN news server doesn't support them (which isn't surprising knowing MSN).

> In OE, Go to Tools, Accounts, News, Click on the newsgroup you are having a
> problems with. Click on Properties. Click on Advanced. Half way down is "
> Use Newsgroups Descriptions"

> --
> Kip

1. googles newsgroups vs this newsgroup

I noticed googles newsgroup has about 6000 more posts than this one.  Is it a usenet server? Basically what I'm looking for is the most used/posted to DICOM newsgroup.

any suggestions? Google seems to be the best due to ease of use perhaps?

-Eric

2. OCR scanner

3. newsgroup server with access to all newsgroups

4. Help with Cubase,& Soundfonts.. Please!!!!

5. printer description file missing?

6. Help, Please

7. Deskjet - Printer Cable Description?

8. System '6.0.2'...in English, a question

9. HELP: printer description file not available

10. Where can I find error code descriptions for X10 ActiveHome?

11. Amp ALC description/docs?

12. Terrarium Control System description

13. Descriptions of HA Setup.