To remove MSN and then use a DUN to connect to MSN do the following.
Msn needs to be present and unaltered for it to be turned off.
1. Click on the finger, options, turn off
2. Delete all connectoids in the Dial Up Networking folder
- Note: it would be wise prior to deletion to write down the MSn phone
3. Use the Internet Connection
Wizard(Start/Programs/Accessories/Communications) to create a new
connectoid.. Note The location may be different on your machine's startmenu
if present..if not the find the file in Windows Explorer or My computer..
filename is icwconn1.exe. Do not name it MSN.
4. Right click IE icon on desktop/properties/connections
- make the new connection the default, and check 'Always dial the
- click on "Settings", ensure that MSN/username and password are correct
in dial up settings.
5. Use the new connectoid to connect to Msn until your new isp is
functional...once Msn is cancelled..IE icon/properties/connections/click on
connectoid created above/Remove.
6. If still present, Remove the balance of Msn items from the startup
> I'm trying to rid myself of MSN, but cannot find the uninstall program on
> one of my computers.
> I'm running Win-ME, IE6 and MSN 5.2.
> In the MSN program folder there was what looked like a DOS program named
> MSNUNINST.EXE, but it didn't do anything.
> Please help me! I want that butterfly out of my life!!!