msn won't start

Post by dt » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 13:27:02

Help, this is making me nuts, here's the deal, I have
three computers, all have win XP home, all have msn8, on
the first two machines I can click any internet link and
the msn will load to the sign-on screen, on the third
machine, clicking on a link only gets me the IE screen
that tells me to check my connection. Here's the rest of
the deal, on the first two machines I installed msn8
after installing the operating system on a new hard
drive, the third machine had aol8 on it, I uninstalled it
installed the msn8 set it as default all that stuff, and
no luck, even msn tech support couldn't help. Well any
help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks, dt

msn won't start

Post by Socia » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:23:53

Delete any dial up connections
(start, connect to, delete any connections there )
then set your modem back to fact settings
(start, control panel, printers and other hardware, phone and modem
options
 modems tab, properties button, advanced tab, .. type AT&F in the
extra
 initialization commands box, click ok)
restart your computer
open msn .. if it doesnt open to the welcome screen just throw the
disc in again and install over the top,
if it does select yoru user if its there and press , control shift
f12, remove dialing info, close msn, open it, select get internet
access, do the wizard..

done.

> Help, this is making me nuts, here's the deal, I have
> three computers, all have win XP home, all have msn8, on
> the first two machines I can click any internet link and
> the msn will load to the sign-on screen, on the third
> machine, clicking on a link only gets me the IE screen
> that tells me to check my connection. Here's the rest of
> the deal, on the first two machines I installed msn8
> after installing the operating system on a new hard
> drive, the third machine had aol8 on it, I uninstalled it
> installed the msn8 set it as default all that stuff, and
> no luck, even msn tech support couldn't help. Well any
> help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks, dt

msn won't start

Post by Socia » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:28:28

Oh one more thing, if you get a 691 error (doesnt recognize user name
password )
click start, connect to, right click MSN explorer connection, select
properties, go to the networking tab, add client for microsoft
networks if its not there, click ok,