Problem : Windows XP Pro and builtin Firewall, Windows Messenger 4.7 for XP

Problem : Windows XP Pro and builtin Firewall, Windows Messenger 4.7 for XP

Post by Steph Mar » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 14:42:40

State of system :
XP Pro
I'm using the builtin Firewall
I can login to my .Net account through Windows Messenger
Cannot send files...
Cannot establish Video/Audio connection (MS Portrait, Netmeeting)
but more important, I cannot connect to discusion rooms (like Irc)
"...try later..." (I'm having the french version of XP)

I would really like to be able to connect to the Chat feature ... :(

Thanks

Problem : Windows XP Pro and builtin Firewall, Windows Messenger 4.7 for XP

Post by Sandi - Microsoft MV » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 19:06:44

Here you go Steph, you will find the fix here:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/solve.aspx

--
There are fake Microsoft MVPS posting in this newsgroup. Real ones are
listed by Microsoft at the link below:

Sandi Hardmeier MVP
www.mvps.org/inetexplorer

Quote:> State of system :
> XP Pro
> I'm using the builtin Firewall
> I can login to my .Net account through Windows Messenger
> Cannot send files...
> Cannot establish Video/Audio connection (MS Portrait, Netmeeting)
> but more important, I cannot connect to discusion rooms (like Irc)
> "...try later..." (I'm having the french version of XP)

> I would really like to be able to connect to the Chat feature ... :(

> Thanks

1. MSN Messenger 4.7 for XP: Video Window Size

Greetings Paul,

You haven't missed anything, the video size can't be zoomed or made any bigger at this time.
Hopefully this feature will be added in future versions.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

2. exchange server in dmz

3. Re-installing Windows Messenger 4.7 on XP

4. Driving today's hardware with yesterday's applications

5. Windows Messenger 4.7 & MSN Messenger 5.0 Problems

6. Excel graphing question

7. windows mess 4.7 on xp PAusing my pc

8. DALF.rexx (Dump AmigaDOS LoadSeg Format) for use with Enforcer

9. Xp Office and Windows with 4.7 and 5.0 running?

10. Conversation Vidéo de Windows XP à Windows non XP impossible...

11. Project 2000, Office XP, Windows XP Pro

12. Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 98 Networking Problems on laptop

13. Windows Messenger 4.7 vs MSN Messenger 5