HELP Browser settings?

Post by Sall » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:02:54

  The other day I fooled around with my internet browser or security settings because Real Player said that if I couldn't get to some radio stations pages I should change settings according to their suggestion. But I don't remember what I changed.
  Now I need some one to please send me their correct working settings or tell me how to check mine.    Mine is set at medium.   I thought maybe I could take a picture and you could tell from it what was wrong but I couldn't expand the page.
I keep getting lots of "unable to open" pages and some x's where pictures are supposed to be.
  What checks should be under security/custom level and what should be my settings and internet settings in advanced be???

HELP Browser settings?

Post by Sandi Hardmeier MV » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:21:51

Quote:> I keep getting lots of "unable to open" pages and some x's where
> pictures are supposed to be.
>   What checks should be under security/custom level and what should be
>   my settings and internet settings in advanced be???

Please have a look at these links:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandi/MVP/answers.htm#dns
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandi/MVP/answers.htm#jpg_gif

--
MVP Award
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/mvpaward.asp

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi ...
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandi/MVP/index.htm

HELP Browser settings?

Post by Sall » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:02:21

Thanks Sandi but that page is too hard for me.  The min. it said Dos I
yelped.  All I need for now is to know the correct options for my Internet
Security and Advanced Tab under Tools/Internet Options.  I see that there is
a default setting but I am not sure that is what I should push. Thanks
anyway. Sally

HELP Browser settings?

Post by Sandi Hardmeier MV » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:31:15

Quote:> All I need for now is to know the correct options for my Internet
> Security and Advanced Tab under Tools/Internet Options.  I see that
> there is a default setting but I am not sure that is what I should
> push.

Certainly you can safely use the 'default setting' button, but I have
concerns as to whether it will help with the 'cannot display page' or red x
problems.

--
MVP Award
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/mvpaward.asp

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi ...
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandi/MVP/index.htm

HELP Browser settings?

Post by Sall » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:28:00

Thanks

1. Silk 5.0.2 Browser settings Probleme

Hi All,

I have Internet Explorer 5.0 installed on my machine with Silk 5.0.2 . Sometimes Silk works fine, it captures windows in good manner. Some time it doesn't recognizes the BrowserPage objects & replaces  it with CustomWin classes ( Silk fails to record defaultbase state)This behaviour occuers without changing any settings for Silk. How should I tacked this probleme

------------------
Atul Patil

Please click the following link to reply:
http://www.qaforums.com/boards/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000506.html

2. Is this possible??

3. , Re: setting the address bar in the Browser or multi wMainWindow ?

4. Hardware-in-the-loop

5. , setting the address bar in the Browser or multi wMainWindow ?

6. no Internet or email thru RAS

7. changing browser settings

8. Backup with Ntbackup.exe

9. OT: Registry setting for default browser

10. ADV: FREE Java TTCN Browser "Leonardo Browser Base Version 2.00" released

11. Acrobat Browser Plug-In and Firing Browser Close Event

12. S4-Browser (SGML Browser/Composer) (Product Announcement)

13. browser:silent failure in MSFT browser control