MSN Messenger 6 doesn't quit when main window is closed

MSN Messenger 6 doesn't quit when main window is closed

Post by Olof » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 05:34:39

Hi,
I want messenger to sign out and close the application completely when I
close the main window, i.e. click the "x" in the upper right corner. If
that's not possible at least sign out. How do I accomplish this in the
*preferences*? I don't want to have to right click on the icon in the
taskbar.

In the earlier version it was only a matter of unticking "Allow this program
to run in the background"

Have they taken away this option so people will have a hard time closing MSN
Messenger? Why hasn't anyone else been bugged by this?;-)

Is there any way I will be able to accomplish the same thing in ver6?

BR// Olof

MSN Messenger 6 doesn't quit when main window is closed

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 05:59:46

Greetings,

As far as I know (with playing with registry settings), you can't do this in MSN Messenger 6
(my registry fix for MSN Messenger 5 to do this doesn't work).
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert