Article Rejected : Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Article Rejected : Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Post by Sandi Hardmeier MV » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:33:38

I have contacted 'the powers that be' who actually run and maintain the MS and MSN servers to alert them to the problem and try to get some answers.

Now its up to any of you who have specifics to contribute if you wish.

We need specific details - newsgroup involved, time, ISP being used etc etc so Doug can finally start getting some real troubleshooting done.

Rest assured this problem is NOT specific to MSN or <shudder> AOL </shudder>; so far I have received responses from people using iafrica.com, carolina.rr.com, uswest.net and westelcom.com, and it is not MSNnews specific. It also occurs on MSnews.microsoft.com. I have no information as to whether netnews (or whats left of it) is affected.

Nor is it specific to the MSN or MS browsers or email clients. It is also being experienced when using Xnews, Agent, and Gravity.

So..... when it happens, please post the error message to this thread together with details of what ISP you are using and the precise date and time of failure.  I will send a synopsis to Doug and Tracy.

The more precise the information that you give, the better the chance of a successful resolution.  Imagine a room full of server banks, with a bad module or two scattered somewhere in that very big room.  The better the info we give, the greater the chance they will be able to track down any aberrant hardware.

--

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi ...

Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 08:05:21 -0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

  You said:

  Received this once -  Message was sent on next try!

  Outlook Express could not post your message.  Subject 'Re: pop3 converstion tool', Account: 'msnnews.msn.com', Server: 'msnnews.msn.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 (620) Article Rejected -- Insertion into group (null) of article (null) failed.', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

  Time? ISP?  Newsgroup?

  >>Copy/paste is as easy for you as for me.<<

  Sure it is if you put all the information in one place. See above.  Can you please make my job a little easier without complaining?  Just for the new experience?

  >>OR, are you gonna make WHERE I posted the issue instead of addressing the real problem.  On the very first time I try again the very same *starts.<<

  Where to post is a request regarding information about future errors. I've created a thread specifically for this purpose and now that you know this thread is here. I will hope that you will heed my request.

  --

  Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
  Sandi ...
  Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
  http://www.veryComputer.com/~sandi/MVP/index.htm

Article Rejected : Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Post by Sandi Hardmeier MV » Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:52:08

Thank you Jim.  It is much appreciated.

Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 08:05:21 -0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

  You said:

  Received this once -  Message was sent on next try!

  Outlook Express could not post your message.  Subject 'Re: pop3 converstion tool', Account: 'msnnews.msn.com', Server: 'msnnews.msn.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 (620) Article Rejected -- Insertion into group (null) of article (null) failed.', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

  Time? ISP?  Newsgroup?

  >>Copy/paste is as easy for you as for me.<<

  Sure it is if you put all the information in one place. See above.  Can you please make my job a little easier without complaining?  Just for the new experience?

  >>OR, are you gonna make WHERE I posted the issue instead of addressing the real problem.  On the very first time I try again the very same *starts.<<

  Where to post is a request regarding information about future errors. I've created a thread specifically for this purpose and now that you know this thread is here. I will hope that you will heed my request.

  --

  Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
  Sandi ...
  Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
  http://www.veryComputer.com/~sandi/MVP/index.htm

Article Rejected : Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Post by Jim » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 01:40:20

Outlook Express could not post your message.  Subject 'Re: loop-d-loop', Account: 'msnnews.msn.com', Server: 'msnnews.msn.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 (620) Article Rejected -- Insertion into group (null) of article (null) failed.', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Info follows:
Source as it sits, rejected, in my outbox:

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Subject: Re: loop-d-loop
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:30:48 -0800

Info follows:
Source as it sits in my sent folder - send completed on second try:

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:34:37 -0800

Info follows:
Source as received in this ng:

Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:34:37 -0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Article Rejected : Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Post by Sandi Hardmeier MV » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:23:36

Thanks Jim.

It occurs to me that it might be worthwhile trying the following test (just to rule out a few server boxes).

Can you please create a news account in the name of msnews.microsoft.com (see the slight difference - MSnews.microsoft.com instead of MSNnews.microsoft.com) and subscribe to this group; it shall be interesting to see if the posting problems continue, and will go a long way towards helping solve this problem.

Sandi

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:30:48 -0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:34:37 -0800

Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:34:37 -0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Article Rejected : Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Post by Jim » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:54:38

I don't use either of the services you mention.  I use msnnews.msn.com  NOT msnnews.microsoft.com.

I'll create that other account using 'microsoft.com' on this system but it'll have to wait until tomorrow on my other systems.
-Jim- [ex-MVP - MSN]
With MSN - Failure is NOT an option
It comes bundled with the service

  Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

  Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:30:48 -0800

  Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

  Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:34:37 -0800

  Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:34:37 -0800

  Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Post by Sandi Hardmeier M » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:33:02

Quote:>------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C0AA54.57252200
>I don't use either of the services you mention.  I use msnnews.msn.com
>NOT msnnews.microsoft.com.

>I'll create that other account using 'microsoft.com' on this system but
>it'll have to wait until tomorrow on my other systems.

Ah my mistake.  When you create the new account, note the slight difference
in name... MSnews.microsoft.com (one less N).

Thanks for the efforts.  It will be very interesting to see if it makes a
difference to the null article errors.

--
Sandi
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
**Please do not send email unless asked to do so.

Article Rejected : Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Post by ...winsto » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:59:25

Jim, I've always used the msnews.microsoft.com for this and the other groups.. ..a while back there was mention that when the msnnews.msn original newsgroups became defunct(moved to web) it was redirected to the microsoft.com server address..but I never left it in place long enough to find out..both were already setup on my systems..it was easier to just delete msnnews.msn.com.

Hope it helps..

I don't use either of the services you mention.  I use msnnews.msn.com  NOT msnnews.microsoft.com.

I'll create that other account using 'microsoft.com' on this system but it'll have to wait until tomorrow on my other systems.

Article Rejected : Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Post by Jim » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 23:05:38

Outlook Express could not post your message.  Subject 'Re: MSN Support links on MSN home page', Account: 'msnnews.msn.com', Server: 'msnnews.msn.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 (620) Article Rejected -- Insertion into group (null) of article (null) failed.', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

As stuck in outbox:

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Subject: Re: MSN Support links on MSN home page
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 05:52:38 -0800

As re-sent - second attempt:

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 05:56:47 -0800

As received here:

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 05:56:47 -0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

-Jim- [ex-MVP - MSN]
With MSN - Failure is NOT an option

Article Rejected : Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Post by Sandi Hardmeier MV » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 23:20:37

Have you created the account with msnews.microsoft.com?  Has the problem occurred there?

--

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 05:52:38 -0800

As re-sent - second attempt:

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 05:56:47 -0800

As received here:

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 05:56:47 -0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

-Jim- [ex-MVP - MSN]
With MSN - Failure is NOT an option

1. No, Server Error: 441

Outlook Express could not post your message.  Subject 'Re: Troubles with  sending "other" account e-mail with OutLook Express via MSN', Account: 'msnews.microsoft.com', Server: 'msnews.microsoft.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 (620) Article Rejected -- Insertion into group (null) of article (null) failed.', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

2. VBasic: Object.Setbulge method in polylines with arc segments

3. Server Error: 441

4. ISDN And Dialing 911

5. Server error 441 here...

6. Custom Form Designers / UserControl designers in Visual Studio for CF

7. 441 Binary Error?

8. Can't find joystick

9. Server Error:559, Error Number:0x800CCC61

10. Bad Article number errors

11. ftp: SSL/TLS connect COMMAND error: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

12. Step Error 500 - 500 Server Error