Save Password - Problem

Post by Everton Sang » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:11:48

Hello 4 all

    I want to know, what I have to do, when a people uses the MSN Messenger
and save his password, and it auto-logon, what I want to know is, how can I
remove this saved user, for other people dont use it's msn messenger.

Thanks 4 all
Everton

Save Password - Problem

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:06:38

Greetings Everton,

If you're referring to Windows 95, 98, ME, or 2000, just right-click the Messenger icon,
click "Sign out", then right-click the icon again, choose "Sign in...", enter your login and
password that is the one that automatically signs in -- but don't check the checkbox.  As
soon as you're signed in, sign out again, and the autologin should be gone.

If you're referring to Windows XP, Click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel.
Then, click User Accounts in the Control Panel.  Select your account name, and then on the
left side of the screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network Passwords'.  In the
window that opens, click the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry and click 'Remove'.  Then
restart Messenger and it will no longer auto login.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> Hello 4 all

>     I want to know, what I have to do, when a people uses the MSN Messenger
> and save his password, and it auto-logon, what I want to know is, how can I
> remove this saved user, for other people dont use it's msn messenger.

> Thanks 4 all
> Everton

1. Quark: Save and Save As problems....

We've been experiencing some eratic bahaviour lately with Quark. Problem
doesn't seem to be specific with any particular mac or with any
particular files, although once it happens to a file, the file seems to
be toast.

When trying to save a document, the error that we get reads something
like, Unexpected end of file marker -39. Again, its not all files, very
hard to predict... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

We're running version 7.5.1
--
Best Regards, Mike Althaus

2. F R E E O F F E R - Announcing "Distributed Computing World" BVTQM09

3. problem executing code "saved" using SAVE command

4. AOPEN AX6L, AX5T-3

5. problems saving resource pool when saving 2000 project as 98

6. search address in other addressbook

7. 123 PASSWORD SAVED ****HELP*****

8. DrawIt

9. DUN: Save password box greyed out?

10. Save PDF with password through VB?

11. How to get messenger off saved passwords.

12. Saving Windows Messenger password for Exchange?

13. Password Isnt saved in win2k