Why is the messenger freezing?

Post by LEx » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 14:11:29

When i try to connect my messenger 6.0, when it`s time to
log in, it bugs and it freeze my PC.
i would really need to know why this is hapenning because
i want to use msn 6.0
i also tried to install the 3 msn 6.0 version ans it do
the samething
i have windows Millenium.

please someone help me to fix that!

LEx

Why is the messenger freezing?

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 01:09:09

Greetings Lex,

To fix this, right-click the MSN Messenger icon in the system tray (by the clock) and choose
Exit. Then start the registry editor by clicking Start, then Run, enter "regedit" and click
OK.

Then go to (they look like small folders) My
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger.  Click the 'MSNMessenger' key
(which again, looks like a folder), then go to the Edit menu, and then choose Delete.  Say
"Yes" to confirm the operation.  Then start Messenger again and try to sign in.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> When i try to connect my messenger 6.0, when it`s time to
> log in, it bugs and it freeze my PC.
> i would really need to know why this is hapenning because
> i want to use msn 6.0
> i also tried to install the 3 msn 6.0 version ans it do
> the samething
> i have windows Millenium.

> please someone help me to fix that!

> LEx

1. Why Do Contacts Always Appear Offline MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

Hello.  I have MSN Messenger 5.0 and Windows Messenger
4.7.  I would like to know why contacts always appear
offline and I never get alerts that they are online.  Is
there a solution?  Does one program have a conflict which
makes the contacts get blocked because I have not blocked
them.

Thank you.

2. **Internet Virus!**

3. Why does Splinter Cell Freeze on my Xbox

4. Hardware clock problems

5. WHy does my xbox freeze

6. Which is better, minicalc, Quicksheet, or TinySheet?

7. why is my box already freezing?

8. Why does my Box freeze all the time???

9. Why does xbox freezes somtimes

10. messenger 6 freezes when connecting, everytime

11. Everytime i try to sign in MSN messenger it freezes, please help