backing up my favorites and download manager

backing up my favorites and download manager

Post by Michael Sim » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 03:46:42

Can anybody help me please?!!!   I am in the process of
changing my internet connection to cable which means I
will lose MSN8.   I cant locate the files on my hard
drive that contain all my favorites and files in my
download manager.  I dont want to loose all this when I
make the switch.  I would like to know how I can back up

  I would really appreciate any help I can get.  Thank
you very much,  sincerly Michael Sims

backing up my favorites and download manager

Post by Kuay Ti » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 04:44:46

Hi Michael,

Here's what I've gathered along the way about MSN Favorites. HTH (e-mail alert sent)

http://www.mainsoft.fr/freeware_en.htm
Use at your own risk..its not my script..but many have reported success..send thanks to Patrick P.

Download the file
Use WinZip to extract the three files to a new folder, then copy the
favorites.xml file to that same folder..then double click msnfav.vbs.

Here's the contents of Phillip's readme txt file explaing the above in
long hand..
MSN Favorites Export Toolkit
----------------------------
The original version of the XSL file in the reference message didn't account
for subfolders. This has been fixed. Credit : Henry van den Broek.

This package, allowing to convert MSN favorites to a format suitable for
import in Internet Explorer can now be downloaded from

http://www.mainsoft.fr/freeware_en.htm

--
Patrick Philippot

Consulting Services
www.mainsoft.fr

Oddly enough, the import feature of IE cannot handle the favorites.xml
file that contains your MSN Explorer favorites. Someone recently asked
for a solution, so I have prepared a (quick and dirty) toolkit that does
the job. It transforms a MSN favorites file (favorites.xml) into a
Netscape favorites file (bookmark.htm) that is (ironically) suitable for
import into IE.

Just put favorites.xml, msnfav.vbs and msnfav.xsl in the same folder and
run msnfav.vbs. The script will output a bookmark.htm file that you'll
be able to import into IE. Beware: the favorites.xml file must not be
edited before applying the XSL transform.

: Is there a way to export your favorites from MSN Explorer to IE
:
: --
: Anthony Davis
: Nextel Communications, Inc
: WAN Support Engineer

:
:

--
Tim K.
Lynnwood, WA

  Can anybody help me please?!!!   I am in the process of
  changing my internet connection to cable which means I
  will lose MSN8.   I cant locate the files on my hard
  drive that contain all my favorites and files in my
  download manager.  I dont want to loose all this when I
  make the switch.  I would like to know how I can back up

    I would really appreciate any help I can get.  Thank
  you very much,  sincerly Michael Sims

1. Download Assistant....Download File Manager

Download Assistant ..............Download File Manager
Download Assistant tracks and organizes the following download file
information:
File Names/File Descriptions /File Sources /Notes/Date file downloaded
Date file opened, When and if the file has been scanned for viruses.
http://www.btsoftware.com/win95/dassist.htm
NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED

2. Lyapunov Exponent

3. Reteiving backed-up favorites to IE6

4. SQL views and ASP.NET

5. APC Back-UPS Office BURNS!!!

6. XPath ancestor-or-self::node()/foobar not working

7. APC Back-UPS comm. cable

8. access to tape

9. restoring old back ups

10. FS APC Smart Back UPS 1200VX

11. Seagate Tape Back-ups

12. Problem: APC Back UPS Pro - failure during POST