Cannot delete names from "my block list"

Cannot delete names from "my block list"

Post by Jorg » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:14:45

There are a few names in my Messenger's Block List (Tools
Quote:> Options > Privacy) which I have idea no how they got

there in the first place.

I managed to delete some of the names by left-clicking on
them, but there are two or three names where the Delete
option in the small menu that pops up is blanked out. In
other words, I am unable to delete these names.

Can someone enlighten me what is going on here? How did
the names get onto the Block list and how can I get rid of
them?

Cannot delete names from "my block list"

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 03:30:37

Greetings Jorg,

Is it possible that you've blocked people in the past and then deleted them from your main
contact list?  If so, this is where they go -- they're not actually removed completely from
your Messenger account until you right-click them and choose Delete.

However, if the Delete option isn't available (as you've described), that particular contact
hasn't removed you off their main Contact list, and as such, until they do, you won't be able
to remove them.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert