Stopping MSN automatically starting

Stopping MSN automatically starting

Post by gcn50 » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 19:10:16



Is there any way that I can stop MSN Messenger starting
automatically when Outlook Express fires up?  Password
seems to be configured so it just signs in
 
 
 

Stopping MSN automatically starting

Post by :: Hail To The Thief : » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 19:25:59


maybe u can try this
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_messenger_autorun.htm


Quote:> Is there any way that I can stop MSN Messenger starting
> automatically when Outlook Express fires up?  Password
> seems to be configured so it just signs in


 
 
 

Stopping MSN automatically starting

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:44:33


Greetings,

Yes, you can.  Just close Outlook Express, then download and run this .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe_9x.reg

Then restart Outlook Express and Messenger will not load.
____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com


Quote:> Is there any way that I can stop MSN Messenger starting
> automatically when Outlook Express fires up?  Password
> seems to be configured so it just signs in

 
 
 

Stopping MSN automatically starting

Post by gcn50 » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 03:15:42


THANKS That was exactly what I was looking for.  I didnt
want to stop running MSN altogether just stop it starting
whenever OE was started.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Greetings,

>Yes, you can.  Just close Outlook Express, then download

and run this .reg file:
>http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_
oe_9x.reg

>Then restart Outlook Express and Messenger will not load.
>____________________________________________
>Jonathan Kay
>Windows MVP, Messenger
>Associate Expert
>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
>Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com


message

>> Is there any way that I can stop MSN Messenger starting
>> automatically when Outlook Express fires up?  Password
>> seems to be configured so it just signs in

>.

 
 
 

Stopping MSN automatically starting

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 03:21:14


Hi,

You're very welcome =).
____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com


> THANKS That was exactly what I was looking for.  I didnt
> want to stop running MSN altogether just stop it starting
> whenever OE was started.
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Greetings,

> >Yes, you can.  Just close Outlook Express, then download
> and run this .reg file:
> >http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_
> oe_9x.reg

> >Then restart Outlook Express and Messenger will not load.
> >____________________________________________
> >Jonathan Kay
> >Windows MVP, Messenger
> >Associate Expert
> >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> >Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com


> message

> >> Is there any way that I can stop MSN Messenger starting
> >> automatically when Outlook Express fires up?  Password
> >> seems to be configured so it just signs in

> >.

 
 
 

1. stop msn from signing me in automatically

I HAVE WINDOWS XP AND IT'S PROBABLY THE XP VERSION OF MSN.
WHEN I CONNECT TO INTERNET MY MSN STARTS AUTOMATICALLY,
AND I REALLY DON'T WANT THAT!
SO I WENT INTO THE HELP... IT SAYS TO UNCHECK THE "OPEN
MY ACCOUNT WHEN INTERNET IS CONNECTING".  IT SAYS THAT I
SHOULD FIND IT IN THE GENERAL TAB... BUT, I JUST DON'T
HAVE A GENERAL TAB.... AND IT DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE
ANYTHING RESEMBLING TO THAT.  I'M NOT ALONE ON THAT
COMPUTER, SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE KNEW HOW TO
STOP IT FROM CONNECTING ME AUTOMATICALLY
THANK YOU

2. pdenumjac in updated pdenonlin?

3. MSN signs in automatically how do i stop this?

4. creatining and initializing windows for graphics : new mac programmer

5. msn automatically starting

6. WORLDS BEST PC SECURITY UTILITY 694

7. MSN Starts Automatically when booting

8. Help with macro

9. MSN Messenger automatically starts

10. MSN messenger starts up automatically whenever I visit hotmail in IE!

11. To stop Windows Messenger from signing me in automatically

12. ?Stop iTunes/App Store from opening automatically?

13. How do I stop the address bar from automatically searching?