Export user list

Post by Administrato » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 06:40:02

Hi! I want to change my email address in my .NET account. If I do, I loose
everyone in my list.
How can I export my contact list?

Teo

Export user list

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 06:50:34

Greetings Teo,

To export your contact list, sign into Messenger using your current Passport, click the File
menu and then select Save Contact List. The default filename should be fine, and just save it
on your Desktop.  If you don't yet have a contact list, you can skip this. Go to the Desktop
and verify that the file was created.

If you do have contacts, you'll want to delete them off your main contact list (after you've
saved them), so that they can remove the "old" address off their lists completely.  Just
right-click each contact, and choose Delete.

Then, sign-in to your new Passport in Messenger.  Then, click the File menu, then select
Import Contacts from a Saved File, then locate the file you just saved on your desktop and
select it.  Your contacts will be readded, and they'll all need to add the new name to their
list.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> Hi! I want to change my email address in my .NET account. If I do, I loose
> everyone in my list.
> How can I export my contact list?

> Teo

1. Re. Users of AEgis Shell 3.0.8....Shell users mailing list.

!N3

2. Help: pkzip a dir?

3. Exporting User Selected Text From Acrobat Exchange to VB

4. Synchronising a Dbase 5 table with the Psion series 5

5. Problems importing and exporting user objects 4.0.2

6. Contacting MSJ

7. US Export Regs. and International PGP Users

8. Think different,think of an Apple 22 with linux

9. how to export all the people in outlook to project as users

10. How do you Export 10.05 .spo files for Mac user without SPSS

11. scanning into EXCEL then export to MYOB (items list)

12. export contact list

13. Exporting the listing for a web application