MSN Messenger contact list doesn't show me online when i am

MSN Messenger contact list doesn't show me online when i am

Post by Michell » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:28:57

One of my friend's has MSN Messenger.  His contacts list
always shows me to be offline.  I already checked to make
sure I do not have him blocked.  He has repeatedly deleted
me and readded my name to his list.  Nothing works though!!

Please Help!!!

Thanks,
Michelle

MSN Messenger contact list doesn't show me online when i am

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:59:54

Greetings Michelle,

You may need to both remove each other from your contact lists (right-click his name and
choose Delete in your list, and he do the same for you).  As well, click the Tools menu in
Messenger, then Options, then Privacy tab, and make sure he's not in that list (if he is,
right-click his name there, and choose 'Delete' -- this option will only become available
after he's removed you from his main list).  As well, he'll need to make sure you're not in
his Privacy tab list as well.

After this, have him readd you -- most likely it will work.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> One of my friend's has MSN Messenger.  His contacts list
> always shows me to be offline.  I already checked to make
> sure I do not have him blocked.  He has repeatedly deleted
> me and readded my name to his list.  Nothing works though!!

> Please Help!!!

> Thanks,
> Michelle

1. MSN Messenger From web - How to get online status of NON-IN-LIST contacts

Hi guys! :)
This is the problem I want to display the status of a MSN User who is
not on my contatact list.
So I should call the GetContact Method to retrieve this guy status but
I don't know wich value to assign to unique strServiceID!!
I would be very grateful if someone could help doing this.
I found a way (with help from a guy) to chat with someone you don't
have on your contact list from the web.
Now I need to previously show this guy status (on the web) before
chatting with him.
Can anyone help me in Vbscript?

2. My Documents

3. Will I lose my contact list if i reinstall the msn messenger?

4. Problem with Getting my AS400 on the net

5. msn messenger contact list

6. Staying Jacked-in while out and about.

7. MSN Messenger - connects rarely, and deletes contact list!

8. Borland vs. Microsoft

9. MSN Messenger Contact List FIX

10. MSN Messenger - Contact List

11. Outlook shows MSN Messenger list?

12. MSN Internet Software doesn't show!

13. MSN Messenger 6 doesn't quit when main window is closed