signing in as different user

Post by John » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 22:33:14

I use MSN internet access, so Messenger signs in
automatically (I can't seem to stop that). The problem is
I would like to sign onto Messenger using a
different .Net password. I use one .Net password at home
and another at work. Can I do this? There are
instructions in Messeger Help that talk of signing in
under a differnent account by going through "Tools"
then "Options", but I do not have that capability. I am
using MSN 8 & Messenger 5.0.0543.

signing in as different user

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 04:37:48

Greetings John,

Unfortunately I don't believe there's anyway to be signed into MSN 8 and use another account
in MSN Messenger 5.

However, if you're using Windows XP, you can use Windows Messenger 4.x to sign into another
account.  If you're not using Windows XP (or you don't want to use Windows Messenger), you
can also set up your MSN dial-up account outside of MSN 8 (and use Internet Explorer as your
browser), so you can sign into Messenger using another Passport.

To do so, in Windows XP, click Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communications, and then
Network Connections.  Click 'Create a new connection' on the left, and then go through the
wizard. Your user name will be MSN/<msn user id>, and password is the same password as per
usual.  As well, you can locate your access number at:
http://support.msn.com/accessnumbers.aspx.

In Windows 95, and 98, double-click My Computer, choose Dial-Up Network, and then "Make a new
connection" -- use the rest of the instructions from above.

In Windows ME 2000, click Start, then Settings, then Network and Dial-up Connections (or
Dial-Up Networking), and then "Make new connection" -- use the rest of the instructions from
above.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> I use MSN internet access, so Messenger signs in
> automatically (I can't seem to stop that). The problem is
> I would like to sign onto Messenger using a
> different .Net password. I use one .Net password at home
> and another at work. Can I do this? There are
> instructions in Messeger Help that talk of signing in
> under a differnent account by going through "Tools"
> then "Options", but I do not have that capability. I am
> using MSN 8 & Messenger 5.0.0543.

1. Different Profile to different users?

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to attach different profiles to different users?
The idea being that different users can have different attributes
returned in the Access-Accept, depending on their profile. I've got NT
4, option pack 4, and I've downloaded the ICS for RAS extension.

Martin

2. Problem w/replacing Mitsumi

3. Two sign ins required

4. 3d mesh-autocad 14

5. Advice required: Multiple workbooks, User forms, Add-ins?

6. Firewall Introductions?

7. Using user-defined functions as add-ins?

8. Alphas future? <66MHz/64bit PCI>

9. trying to sign in with a different address

10. cannot sign in to messenger with a different passport

11. Can't Sign In on Different Computer

12. Linear regression sign. different from zero

13. "beta users sign in here"