Can't Install New Messenger! Please Help!

Can't Install New Messenger! Please Help!

Post by Deltree » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 02:28:06

When I try to install the new messenger or uninstall the old one I get
this in a dialog:

"INF Install failure.  Reason: The configuration registry database is
corrupt."

I've tried to delete the old old one, the error happened but the
program was removed from the add/remove control panel. I have removed
the program files and the registry refrences but...

The same error happens now when I downloaded and tried to install from
a fresh. Now I'm left without MSN Messenger!

If anyone knows the solution, please help.

Many Thanks.
Deltree01

Can't Install New Messenger! Please Help!

Post by Paul Britto » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:14:03

Hello Deltree,

   Haven't heard of this one b4.  By any chance have you used unauthorized 'addons' to MSN Messenger in the past?

   Have you attempted to contact tech support with your issue?

Paul

> When I try to install the new messenger or uninstall the old one I get
> this in a dialog:

> "INF Install failure.  Reason: The configuration registry database is
> corrupt."

> I've tried to delete the old old one, the error happened but the
> program was removed from the add/remove control panel. I have removed
> the program files and the registry refrences but...

> The same error happens now when I downloaded and tried to install from
> a fresh. Now I'm left without MSN Messenger!

> If anyone knows the solution, please help.

> Many Thanks.
> Deltree01

Can't Install New Messenger! Please Help!

Post by Jim » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 23:46:47

You have no compunction about sending the Christians to the lions - do ya! (rhetorical)   Of course, most good Romans didn't either!    * Hail MS/MSN *
-Jim-

  "Paul
     Have you attempted to contact tech support with your issue?

Can't Install New Messenger! Please Help!

Post by Deltree » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:58:51

Never mind got it working - I made another user is windows and
installed it there, works fine now.

> You have no compunction about sending the Christians to the lions - do
> ya! (rhetorical)   Of course, most good Romans didn't either!    * Hail
> MS/MSN *
> -Jim-

>   "Paul
>      Have you attempted to contact tech support with your issue?

> --

1. Can't install, un-install or open MSN messenger

I use MSN messenger for a weekly meeting with some family.
While on meeting, it was pointed out that there was a
newer version (6.0) available, so I went and uploaded the
newer version, or so I thought. It crashed before it
finished and killed the older version in the process. I
tried to run both versions from the directory and it
crashes out before it can finish loading. So I went back
and tried to download the older version (5.0), but it
won't download because it says I have a newer version on
my computer, to un install the newer version and try
again. So I go to un install the newer version (which
won't start anyway), and it says I cannot because it can't
find a file on the disk and prompts me to insert the cd
for the installation (it was a free download of the MSN
site, no cd). I'm going in circles here unable to do
anything. I can't install the new version, can't install
the old version, can't un install either version (they
both show on my add/remove programs directory.

2. Collaborativ vs. Sequence Diagrams

3. MSN Messenger will not install PLEASE HELP

4. Problem with VS.NET

5. cant install messenger 6, help please

6. dos pipes not working

7. MSN Messenger 4.5 problem (Toshiba Laptop) PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

8. VO and Outlook

9. Help me with my 'new' 6128 PLUS please!

10. Can't log into Windows Messenger, Please Help

11. New version of messenger didn't overwrite old messenger

12. Can't have a voice conversation in msn messenger..PLEASE HELP!!!

13. Driving 'canned' QNX Windows apps.