msn messenger contact list

Post by chri » Sat, 25 May 2002 22:22:43

I'd like to set myself up with a new msn messenger log in. How can I
migrate all my existing contacts from one sign in to another?

Thanks in advance

msn messenger contact list

Post by Brian Kvalheim - [MVP » Sat, 25 May 2002 22:43:29

> I'd like to set myself up with a new msn messenger log in. How can I
> migrate all my existing contacts from one sign in to another?

> Thanks in advance

Chris,

Open your existing MSN Messenger with your existing sign-in. Once signed
in, go to File>Save Contact List. Save your contact list to any place on
  your hard drive/floppy/online storage. Once you have created your new
ID, sign-in to MSN Messenger and go to File>Import Contacts from a Saved
  File and browse to the location where you stored your contacts. This
will import all of your contacts and automatically ask them to authorize
you with your new ID. Your contacts are stored as *.ctt files.

--
Brian Kvalheim

Microsoft Publisher MVP
For FAQ's, Templates and More: