Windows Messenger

Post by Dhiraj Varm » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 14:27:50

I am using Windows Messenger on Windows XP OS. Now
everytime I launch the Messenger program, and I wish to
minimise the application, it does not return to the
system tray (besides the clock), instead it closes the
application, disconnecting me from it. I have to get back
to the Programs menu to launch Windows Messenger again.
Why wont it let me minimize the application back to the
system tray.

Please send me a reply to this.

Thank You,
Dhiraj Varma

Windows Messenger

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 01:00:05

Greetings Dhiraj,

To change this behavior back to the way you want it, open up Windows Messenger, click the
Tools menu, then Options, then Preferences, verify that 'Allow this program to run in the
background'  is checked and click OK.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> I am using Windows Messenger on Windows XP OS. Now