JimF's "terror of a time" truth

Post by Jim » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 00:46:35

On 11/20/01 the following post was made by the author, indicated in the header thereof, and the statements therein are absolute lies.  My comments, in red, following the lie.

Like JimF, I had a terror of a time getting my equipment from Verizon...then another month getting it to work properly.  It took an initial 34 days for my self-install equip to arrive...then I still needed a truck roll unfortunately, but that is another story.  :P

Just keep on them...I would press harder on those initial tech ppl.  I've come to learn that they are under pressure from the company(ies) that MSN contracts these services out to keep call times low.  As if time per call is a measure of superior tech support skills. =/

Paul

The fact(s) is that I had nothing but excellent service from Verizon.  My order for service was entered on a Wed. morning and the following ( yes- 4 days later ) Sat. evening my DSL modem showed three green lights indicating the service was up.  I was not in a position to test the service until Sun. evening at which time I realized that it did not work.  One quick, simple, courteous and very helpful call to Verizon on Mon. morning (I found later that it could have been done even in the middle of the night Sun. because their help is a 24/7 service) revealed that I had a NIC that had a "Wake on LAN" feature that didn't - wake on LAN that is.  One hour later the system was up-and-running with Verizon DSL.

The biggest lie expresses (others are implied) in the PB post is that I "had a terror of a time getting equipment from Verizon".  The fact is that I never even asked for, or ordered, ANY equipment from them.  None is/was needed since my local ISP 'loans' same to their customers.  That 'terror' statement is fabrication - pure and simple.

-Jim-

JimF's "terror of a time" truth

Post by val » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:57:55

JF,
If that thread response (the original one with the "like jim f, I had a terror of a time...." doesn't prove the point, nothing will.
Up until now, I'd been willing to give the benefit of the doubt and accept the shills for what they are. We (they and I) simply had a difference of opinion on many issues vis a vis msn/msft and so be it.
This response though (the "like jim f, I had a terror...." drivel) proved me wrong.
As the response had absolutely *nothing* to do with the prior posts and was obviously created totally out of thin air simply to support the shill position (as you have quite eloquently pointed out), it should be apparent to even the most thick headed (as it is to me <s>) that "spin" is in and facts (even a modicum of truth) matter not to the shill squad.
Be granted "shill" status (or, unfortunately, misuse "mvp" status) and apparently someone grants you the right to twist perfectly clear statements made by 'underlings'.
Sad state of affairs when msn/msft condone (maybe/apparently) the actions of a few bad apples.
Sadder still is the fact that some who venture into this den of iniquity might actually be impressed by either their pompous use of the "I have inside contacts" drivel or their incessant fraudulent misuse of the mvp moniker.

[...]

Post by val » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:22:54

sorry to append my own post but it's only fair.
For those (well actually it's only one in particular) inclined to take exception to the "fraudulent" comment, I'd suggest you not go there by posting a bunch of links documenting your status as a "mvp" for the past however many hundred years.....we got that point and most are summarily unimpressed.
'Fraudulent' in this context references the incessant misuse of the moniker in venues wherein it doesn't apply by you and a few others.
Most mvps are above such behaviour and should be commended.
Unfortunately, there are always those few "bad apples" who feel it necessary to place their egos above all else.
More unfortunate yet - this NG is innundated with them.

[...]

Post by Jim » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:04:19

My man!!!  I always look for your posts first - well, yours and winston's.
-Jim-

[...]

Post by Jim » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:05:59

    ; )
-Jim-