MSN 8 to MSN 8.5

Post by myk » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 08:20:50

I was not going to continue posting and asking for
help.If you have seen my posts from June 12 thru June 21
then you know that i was not going to continue using any
computers anymore due to lack of money for new ISP and
the fact that I will be canceling MSN service and another
ISP due to not being able to have access to 1 computer nd
partial to another.
I have not used my computer for awhile now...until
today.I am climbing the walls with boredom so I decided
to try again.
If I want to use my computer at this time I have to
continue with MSN for a few weeks.
I have found that my PC was upgraded from MSN8 to MSN
8.5.After several hours on the phone with MSN(waste of
time,which I knew..I was stupid for bothering so please
dont bash me for wasting time)I was told to do this and
that with no luck!I was then told it was a problem on
MSN's end and they would look into it with a follow up
call to me the next day.Like I wouls hold my breath.That
was over a week ago. I have done everything suggested on
this board also with no luck.

Yes,I will be ridding myself of MSN and trying to find a
way to afford an ISP that is $25.00 for every 5
months.It's not going to happen too soon.

Does anyone know any way to get logged on to .Net
passport that is new and different from anything that has
been posted on this board previously??

Everything posted I have tried.I have read every
knowledge article I could find.

MSN will be gone but as mentioned and regretted I am
terminally ill and my computer is my only lifeline.I
cannot access secure sites anymore so I cant order my
medical supplies or connect to several of my physicians
websites/addresses.I only have about 25%access to the
internet.

I really could use help! I am not in denial that MSN is
trash.Finally they admitted that this is a problem on
their end with the MSN 8 to MSN 8.5 upgrade.....It still
doesn't help,since they refuse to do what they
promise.Again,I will be ridding myself of MSN but it wont
be for at least a month.

Please help if possible.I have to be able to get onto the
internet.It's not just a luxury for me but
survival.Remember that i have read every single post on
this board and i have followed every single
suggestion.Some more than once.

I have XP HOME/IE6/Service Pack 1 everything updated.No
extra free downloads except adaware/spybot and my own NAS
2003.I have never downloaded anything else for free or
fun.Cache,history and temps deleted.Put in to
allow;msn.com/msn.net,passport.com,passport.net,hotmail.co
m.i have tried to cancel, reset passport/email everything
that has been suggested.I ran REGSVR32 SUB something (I
have it written down)for what I dont know.But it was
suggested because I am a MSN user.

Help would be incredibly appreciated from my heart,if
there is anything knew to suggest,
MYK

MSN 8 to MSN 8.5

Post by MSNJunki » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:37:00

Not saying using msn is smart or dumb, but if you are
having so much grief with the msn software, why use it?,
use the access number in a manual connection, and stop
using the software itself.  You can still get your mail
at www.hotmail.com and do all the stuff you can do in the
software, just have to book mark the sites, instead of
using the quick links / buttons on the top of the 8.5.
This way, you can keep the access, and surf to sites that
you need.  Now if you find that the sites are still not
allowing you access " secure sites ", then the next step
might be to repair IE, or in my experience, a new XP
profile, usually fixes alot of issues with the msn / xp /
passport conflicts.

Later
MSNJunkie

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
> [...]

>Please help if possible.I have to be able to get onto
the
>internet.It's not just a luxury for me but
>survival.Remember that i have read every single post on
>this board and i have followed every single
>suggestion.Some more than once.

>I have XP HOME/IE6/Service Pack 1 everything updated.No
>extra free downloads except adaware/spybot and my own
NAS
>2003.I have never downloaded anything else for free or
>fun.Cache,history and temps deleted.Put in to
>allow;msn.com/msn.net,passport.com,passport.net,hotmail.c
>m.i have tried to cancel, reset passport/email
everything
>that has been suggested.I ran REGSVR32 SUB something (I
>have it written down)for what I dont know.But it was
>suggested because I am a MSN user.

>Help would be incredibly appreciated from my heart,if

MSN 8 to MSN 8.5

Post by the good gu » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:10:02

The issue is not with the ISP the issue is with Microsoft
windows and the last step would be to roll back to a
prevuious date when all the secure sites worked.
The other thing you could do is reload the operating
system. Regretfully the regsvr32 softpub.dll works a lot
of the time. but in rare cases it fails the other thing
you could try are using support.microsoft.com and find the
article for zero bit encryption strength Microsoft
Knowledge Base Article - 261328
the article may be able to help ( even though it does nto
state it is for xp. Please make sure you back everything
up.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
> [...]

>promise.Again,I will be ridding myself of MSN but it wont
>be for at least a month.

>Please help if possible.I have to be able to get onto the
>internet.It's not just a luxury for me but
>survival.Remember that i have read every single post on
>this board and i have followed every single
>suggestion.Some more than once.

>I have XP HOME/IE6/Service Pack 1 everything updated.No
>extra free downloads except adaware/spybot and my own NAS
>2003.I have never downloaded anything else for free or
>fun.Cache,history and temps deleted.Put in to
>allow;msn.com/msn.net,passport.com,passport.net,hotmail.co
>m.i have tried to cancel, reset passport/email everything
>that has been suggested.I ran REGSVR32 SUB something (I
>have it written down)for what I dont know.But it was
>suggested because I am a MSN user.

>Help would be incredibly appreciated from my heart,if

1. MSN 8.5 Upgrade

In mid-May, MSN automatically began updating my software
from 8 to 8.5. I had to open my e-mail and wait a very
long time for all the messages in my old folders (on both
the MSN server and on my hard drive) to appear. However,
the ones on my hard drive are now all lumped into one
folder called Archived Mail, and not the dozen other
folders in which I had them arranged.

About 5000 emails are now in one single folder. Plus, the
e-mail system now runs excruciatingly slow. The MSN
support guy I spoke with told me it would take time for
the computer to process all the items back into the right
folder, but after 16 days of non-stop access, it still
hasn't done a thing. Any ideas?

Brandon

.

2. More Handwaving

3. Lost Email while upgrading to MSN 8.5

4. Dos 6.2 startup

5. MSN 8.5 update - NOT

6. Performing Permutations through SAS

7. MSN 8.5 and CTRL-SHIFT-F12

8. Print preview & HP 660

9. MSN Explorer 8.5 Final Released

10. MSN 8.5 or 9

11. msn 8.5

12. MSN 8.5 personal review (based on screenshots)

13. MSN 8.5