Game Voice doesn't work with MSN Messenger 5.0

Game Voice doesn't work with MSN Messenger 5.0

Post by Dere » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 02:52:45

My friend updated  his MSN Messenger to 5.0 and now when
he launches Game Voice, no contacts are listed in Game
Voice so he can't find me to connect to.

He has Win 2000. I am running XP and my solution is to
use Windows Messenger, which for me works fine with Game
Voice. But if I use MSN Messenger, I have the same
problem.

I can't find Window Messenger download except for XP, so
he is trying to find an old MSN Messenger to see if that
will work.

I just noticed that GameVoice can use IP address to
connect, we can try that, but it would be great if MSN
Messenger just worked with Game Voice, as it indicates on
www.gamevoice.com

Game Voice doesn't work with MSN Messenger 5.0

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 02:57:25

Greetings Derek,

GameVoice does not work on MSN Messenger 5 (at least the Messenger integration does not).
He'll need to go back to the previous version.

To do so, he just needs to go to Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, remove MSN
Messenger 5, then download and install 4.6:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/msnmessenger/install/4.6/win98...
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> My friend updated  his MSN Messenger to 5.0 and now when
> he launches Game Voice, no contacts are listed in Game
> Voice so he can't find me to connect to.

> He has Win 2000. I am running XP and my solution is to
> use Windows Messenger, which for me works fine with Game
> Voice. But if I use MSN Messenger, I have the same
> problem.

> I can't find Window Messenger download except for XP, so
> he is trying to find an old MSN Messenger to see if that
> will work.

> I just noticed that GameVoice can use IP address to
> connect, we can try that, but it would be great if MSN
> Messenger just worked with Game Voice, as it indicates on
> www.gamevoice.com

1. MSN Messenger 5.0: Games Tab Doesn't Work

Ever since I switched from MSN Messenger 4.6 to MSN Messenger 5.0 (which was
pretty much right after it came out), the Games Tab on MSN Messenger 5.0 has
given an error whenever I click on it. The error appears as follows:

ADODB.Command error
'800a0d5d'

Application uses a value of the
wrong type for the current
operation.

/inc/script/CSeg.inc, line 66

I am assuming that everyone who tries to click the tab is recieving this
error. So does anyone know when it will be fixed? If so, I would like to
know. Thank You.
--
Nathan Sokalski

http://studentwebs.kutztown.edu/soka0908/HomePage.html

2. HOW CAN I PLAY A MESSAGE?

3. Voice doesn't work in MSN Messenger 4.5

4. safe mode

5. Voice don't work in MSN Messenger 4.5

6. Taking the piss, an art form

7. Cannot get voice and video to work between MSN Messenger & Windows Messenger

8. $20 RAM for SGI O2 32MB

9. ''PC to PC Voice" using MSN Messenger Version 5 - no sound

10. Sidewinder Game Voice and messenger 5.0

11. MSN Messenger 5.0 Voice behind 2 cascaded UPnP Routers

12. Changing 'Status' display in MSN Messenger 5.0

13. voice doesn't work in FS6 when using adventures