Why is there too much echo when having a PC to PC Chat using MSN Messenger

Why is there too much echo when having a PC to PC Chat using MSN Messenger

Post by Omer » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 00:07:41

When I tried to have a PC to PC chat with my friend using MSN Messenger
there is too much echo on both sides. Is anyone has idea for a better PC to
PC chat using Messenger Service.
Regards,

Why is there too much echo when having a PC to PC Chat using MSN Messenger

Post by Mike » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 00:12:19

What is recommended for most pc to pc voice communications is a speaker/mic
headset.  This prevents the mic from picking up the sound coming from the
speakers.

When I tried to have a PC to PC chat with my friend using MSN Messenger
there is too much echo on both sides. Is anyone has idea for a better PC to
PC chat using Messenger Service.
Regards,

Why is there too much echo when having a PC to PC Chat using MSN Messenger

Post by Showboa » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 05:19:57

        Get  a headset for you and your buddy and  you won't get that
feed back.

Quote:>When I tried to have a PC to PC chat with my friend using MSN Messenger
>there is too much echo on both sides. Is anyone has idea for a better PC to
>PC chat using Messenger Service.
>Regards,

Why is there too much echo when having a PC to PC Chat using MSN Messenger

Post by Adrian » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 06:01:36

it can be also caused by your sound card, I have soundblaster live and have
no problems.

Quote:> When I tried to have a PC to PC chat with my friend using MSN Messenger
> there is too much echo on both sides. Is anyone has idea for a better PC
> PC chat using Messenger Service.
> Regards,

Why is there too much echo when having a PC to PC Chat using MSN Messenger

Post by Paul Britto » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 20:20:11

Hello Omer,

   In addition to the great information provided by others here, be sure to
check out this page on Windows XP.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/guide/exp_comm.asp (under
exceptional sound quality)

   Windows XP includes Windows Messenger which is an new IM client from
Microsoft that includes new audio and video codecs for smoother and
feedback-less communication.  (it runs on the same .NET Messenger Service
servers as MSN Messenger)

Paul

Quote:> When I tried to have a PC to PC chat with my friend using MSN Messenger
> there is too much echo on both sides. Is anyone has idea for a better PC
> PC chat using Messenger Service.
> Regards,

1. PC 2 PC Voice chat problem with MSN messenger

I run Windows NT4.0 with Service Pack 6. I recently downloaded MSN Messenger
5.0 and I am able to exchange text messages with other PCs but not able to
voice chat. The MSN Messenger - Tools - Audio Wizard checks out my speakers
& microphone to be OK but no voice messages can be communicatd. When I speak
the Mic vertical slide in MSN slides up & down but the other party cannot
hear me & neither can I. After some time the connection breaks saying there
is a network or computer problem. This is my first attempt with MSN. My
friend uses XP and he does not seem to have any problem to voice chat with
others. Is the problem related to NT & can it be overcome? Any help
appreciated.

TIA

Dinakar

2. using <conio.h> functionality in a C++ program

3. ''PC to PC Voice" using MSN Messenger Version 5 - no sound

4. How to make individual batch SQL silent

5. I am having problems to upgrade my MSN messenger

6. STL vector and destructor

7. PC to PC Voice dialog with MSN Messenger Version 5 does not do sound.

8. Help! I'm being plagued by spam!

9. help with MSN messenger pc to pc calls

10. cant call pc to pc with msn messenger

11. I am very very upset with no msn messenger CHAT...

12. Echo cancellation Windows Messenger/ MSN Messenger

13. Echo cancellation in Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger