Qwest>MSN

Post by Paul Britto » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:36:37

Interesting...that sure is the auth key...*keeps this for a rainy day*.

Question: Did you have to use the software first to at least config the modem, or did you do that manually as well?

Thx stanlin810!

Paul

> Go to dial up networking. Click on make new account. Use the make new dialup
> connection For the phone number use 1,1 For Username use key1 number

> > Hi.
> > I just went through the Qwest to MSN DSL migration, (please, no horror
> > stories, just keeping my fingers crossed) and now have a new MSN DSL
> > account.  I wish to avoid installing whatever software MSN may be sending
> > me, so I was wondering how to set up an MSN DSL DUN connection (settings)
> as
> > I had when I used Qwest.  Windows 2000.  Email's up and running on this
> new
> > account.
> > Any thoughts?
> > Thanks!

Qwest>MSN

Post by stanlin81 » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:23:08

No you don't need Microsoft's software to config the modem . I just used the
Intel software for my 2100 Windows 2000 version. If you are using Win9x just
use the cd that came with your modem.

Interesting...that sure is the auth key...*keeps this for a rainy day*.

Question: Did you have to use the software first to at least config the
modem, or did you do that manually as well?

Thx stanlin810!

Paul

> Go to dial up networking. Click on make new account. Use the make new
dialup
> connection For the phone number use 1,1 For Username use key1 number

> > Hi.
> > I just went through the Qwest to MSN DSL migration, (please, no horror
> > stories, just keeping my fingers crossed) and now have a new MSN DSL
> > account.  I wish to avoid installing whatever software MSN may be
sending
> > me, so I was wondering how to set up an MSN DSL DUN connection
(settings)
> as
> > I had when I used Qwest.  Windows 2000.  Email's up and running on this
> new
> > account.
> > Any thoughts?
> > Thanks!

Qwest>MSN

Post by GTyna » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 05:50:37

MSN/IA now offers free homepages and web server space. To find out more,
please see the Frequently Asked Questions at
http://homepages.msn.com/msn/main/faq.html
 Begin building and posting your Web page right away by visiting
http://homepages.msn.com/
 Technical Support for homepages is available through

http://homepages.msn.com/msn/main/index.html.

> Can someone tell me (please) that MSN Communities is not the only option
> I have for hosting a web page?? I am currently "migrating" over to MSN
> from Qwest, but from what I have seen so far it will be a short trip. It
> sounds like the news (netnews?) service through MSN is pretty
> restrictive and lame. But worst of all, if I have to host a web page in
> that "fluffy" web community arena, that would be the last straw. Anyone
> know of options for FTP upload that is just a barebones directory based
> web host through MSN.

> > "Both parties hope for increased profits from the arrangement"

> > That is the norm AFAIK.

> > --
> > Brian Kvalheim

> > Microsoft Community MVP
> > Publisher
> > For FAQ's, Templates and More:
> > http://kvalcom.jvlnet.com

> > MVP Award 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/mvpaward.asp

> > Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.

> > Jim,

> > Qwest is in the first year of a five year deal with MSN/Microsoft. Both
> > parties hope for increased profits from the arrangement, mostly from
> > broadband connection (for MSN's benefit) and enhanced advertising and
name
> > exposure (for Qwest). Quest subscribers now get MSN-IA as their home.
Terms