''PC to PC Voice" using MSN Messenger Version 5 - no sound

''PC to PC Voice" using MSN Messenger Version 5 - no sound

Post by Rohit Chapheka » Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:09:13

Does either of you using any Firewall ? Since your friend is having XP, does
he use the inbuilt firewall enabled? If so, try disabling it.

--
Rohit
http://www.sahee.com

> Dear Jonathan,
> I hope to this time do a better job in spelling my
> question clearly.

> In my attempts to do the "PC to PC Voice dialog, using the
> MSN Messenger Version 5", i.e.  to talk "PC to PC", there
> is no sound coming through, in both directions.
> But my speakers and my microphone do work in other
> situations.
> By "dialog" I mean talking,  between 2 computers, over the
> Internet, to each other.

> Is there an incompatibility problem here between different
> Operating Systems?
> Is there something else that has to be set in the
> Messenger?

> I did go through the Audio Tuning, earlier, and again
> after your reply, and there was normal sound there, in
> both directions.
> But the "PC to PC" still does not transmit any sound, in
> both directions.

> Subject:  Re: PC to PC Voice dialog with MSN Messenger
> Version 5 does not do sound. Attachments:  None
>  From:  "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"

> PM

> Greetings Zan,

> Assuming the "dialog" you're referring to is the small
> panel displayed during a voice call,
> you may need to re-run the Audio Tuning Wizard (outside of
> a call).  To do so, click the
> Tools menu, then Audio Tuning Wizard.
> Jonathan Kay
> Windows MVP, Messenger
> Associate Expert

> > My PC to PC Voice dialog with MSN Messenger Version 5
> does
> > not do sound.
> > Mine is Windows 98 2nd. Edition.
> > My "contacts" have the ME and the XP.  (I don't have
> > contacts with W-98 that I could try).
> > Is this supposed to work or not?
> > How can I check if my setup is correct?
> > Last Spring my My PC to PC Voice dialog used to work.
> > Since then, I've reinstalled MS components - updates in
> my
> > computer after "crashes".

> > Now, the Sound system in my computer does work with "Web
> > Radio".
> > It dos make sounds from the Messenger in "alert"
> > situation, and the microphone adjustment tool does react
> > to sound.
> > But the PC to PC Voice dialog with MSN Messenger Version
> 5
> > does not do sound, in both directions.

1. PC to PC Voice dialog with MSN Messenger Version 5 does not do sound.

Greetings Zan,

Assuming the "dialog" you're referring to is the small panel displayed during a voice call,
you may need to re-run the Audio Tuning Wizard (outside of a call).  To do so, click the
Tools menu, then Audio Tuning Wizard.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

2. XXdecode and alt.bin.amig

3. PC 2 PC Voice chat problem with MSN messenger

4. System Freeze

5. MSN messenger won't change to "away" mode when I'm inactive.

6. problems viewing all databases using oracle enterprise manager 9i

8. Call Forwarding to Bypass Tariffs

9. Why is there too much echo when having a PC to PC Chat using MSN Messenger

10. MSN 6.0Beta Can't use "voice connection"?

11. Can't make free PC-to-Phone call with MSN Messenger Phone anymore!

12. How can MSN Messenger be disabled on User's PC?

13. voice over ip from PC to PC , then dialing out using the phone line