Log In Screen

Post by Susan Dombrowsk » Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:52:19

Hi,
Is anyone else getting that annoying (old version) log in screen popping up
every few minutes or so, or am I the only lucky one?! It has been happening
for the last few days.
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it.
Thanks,
Suz

Log In Screen

Post by Beck » Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:22:43

That happened to me several days ago ....... but has now quit .
Hopefully in a day or 2 you will be rid of it too !
Becky

: Hi,
: Is anyone else getting that annoying (old version) log in screen popping
up
: every few minutes or so, or am I the only lucky one?! It has been
happening
: for the last few days.
: Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it.
: Thanks,
: Suz
:
:

Log In Screen

Post by ...winsto » Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:23:17

If Msn software is installed it will happen whenever the server can't negotiate a secure password authorization..

If your msn username, password and logon with secure password authorization is already in place..then removal of all Msn software is the only method to prevent.... With the software not present it will attempt to call a file no longer present.on the machine, thus the login screen will not appear..
 ..winston

Hi,
Is anyone else getting that annoying (old version) log in screen popping up
every few minutes or so, or am I the only lucky one?! It has been happening
for the last few days.
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it.
Thanks,
Suz

Log In Screen

Post by Nathan Howel » Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:17:47

Actually the software containing the SPA dialog ('This way to the best of
the internet...') comes with Windows, not any MSN software you may install.
The file is 'msnsspc.dll', ships with Win9x/ME/2000/NT4. If you delete it,
MSN SPA certainly won't work, and you won't ever see *that* popup (probably
others though, instead... like file not found ;).

easy,
-n

If Msn software is installed it will happen whenever the server can't
negotiate a secure password authorization..

If your msn username, password and logon with secure password authorization
is already in place..then removal of all Msn software is the only method to
prevent.... With the software not present it will attempt to call a file no
longer present.on the machine, thus the login screen will not appear..
 ..winston

Hi,
Is anyone else getting that annoying (old version) log in screen popping up
every few minutes or so, or am I the only lucky one?! It has been happening
for the last few days.
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it.
Thanks,
Suz

Log In Screen

Post by D. Spencer Hine » Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:24:30

Intelligent and Corrective.

Thank You.
--

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"It may be said that, thanks to the 'clercs', humanity did evil for two
thousand years, but honoured good.  This contradiction was an honour to
the human species, and formed the rift whereby civilisation slipped into
the world."  "La Trahison des clercs" [The Treason of the Intellectuals]
(1927) Julien Benda (1867-1956)

All replies to the newsgroup please.  Thank you kindly.

author.  It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an
attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
given, in writing.

Vires et Honor.

| Actually the software containing the SPA dialog ('This way to the best
of
| the internet...') comes with Windows, not any MSN software you may
install.
| The file is 'msnsspc.dll', ships with Win9x/ME/2000/NT4. If you delete
it,
| MSN SPA certainly won't work, and you won't ever see *that* popup
(probably
| others though, instead... like file not found ;).
|
| easy,
| -n
|

| If Msn software is installed it will happen whenever the server can't
| negotiate a secure password authorization..
|
| If your msn username, password and logon with secure password
authorization
| is already in place..then removal of all Msn software is the only
method to
| prevent.... With the software not present it will attempt to call a
file no
| longer present.on the machine, thus the login screen will not appear..
|  ..winston
|

| Hi,
| Is anyone else getting that annoying (old version) log in screen
popping up
| every few minutes or so, or am I the only lucky one?! It has been
happening
| for the last few days.
| Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it.
| Thanks,
| Suz

Log In Screen

Post by ...winsto » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:31:56

Thanks Nathan..

Msncall when present may cause the popup...unlike msnsspc.dll it can be renamed or removed

  .winston

[...]

Post by Susan Dombrowsk » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:06:37

Thanks for all responses, but I believe Becky was right when she said it
would go away in a few days...it has!
Guess another MSN 'gnat' has hit again...

Quote:> Hi,
> Is anyone else getting that annoying (old version) log in screen popping
up
> every few minutes or so, or am I the only lucky one?! It has been
happening
> for the last few days.
> Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it.
> Thanks,
> Suz

1. Save LOG Clear LOG Save LOG ...

Hi all,

I am doing some simulations, my simulations are highly iterative: I do the
same things (MEANS, LOGISTIC and few data steps) many many time (1 million
time: I know it is a lot, I do some repetition of an iterative process with
some bootstrap). It rans quite ok, but at a random time, I often get:

ERROR: An I/O error has occurred on file SSD.N3B1501B3X3.DATA.
ERROR: An I/O error has occurred on file SSD.N3B1501B3X3.DATA.
ERROR: An I/O error has occurred on file SSD.N3B1501B3X3.DATA.
ERROR: File SSD.N3B1501B3X3.DATA is damaged. I/O processing did not
complete.
ERROR: File SSD.N3B1501B3X3.DATA is damaged. I/O processing did not
complete.
ERROR: File SSD.N3B1501B3X3.DATA is damaged. I/O processing did not
complete.
WARNING: The data set SSD.N3B1501B3X3 may be incomplete.  When this step was
stopped there were 1789 observations and 5 variables.
WARNING: Data set SSD.N3B1501B3X3 was not replaced because this step was
stopped.
ERROR: SAS ended due to errors.
ERROR: SAS ended due to errors.
ERROR: SAS ended due to errors.
       You specified: OPTIONS ERRORABEND;.
       You specified: OPTIONS ERRORABEND;.
       You specified: OPTIONS ERRORABEND;.
ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.

Then it stops. Often I am at >50% of my simulation.
(splitting it up did not help yet)
The SAS TS ak me to keep the log, which I can't (too big).
Is there a way to keep it, the best thing would be to rewrite it from
scratch periodically.
As I use
 OPTIONS ERRORABEND;
 OPTIONS ERRORS = 1;
I would only have the log before the crash.

Any example. I suppose Proc Printto would be the thing.
Thanks,

JP
--
 Jean-Pierre Le Cruguel
 Bureau A-135

 Tel: (514) 340 8222  ext: 3878
 Fax: (514) 340 7564

2. Lithium battery on the A601?

3. Time taken by Windows to reach Log-on screen

4. Privilege table replication

5. Hotmail log in screen

6. SMPTP/X400 integration

7. Question About MSN Log-In Screen

8. VC 6.0 warning C4786 For STL container - Set

9. msn log in screen disappeared

10. Automating Screen Activity Log

11. How do I make log-log plots in Excel97???

12. Log(Log( )) chart in excel/VB?

13. HELP! Log-Log plots in Excel ??