sending mail with outlook express

Post by grpy » Sun, 18 Mar 2001 13:26:00

Quote:>>- [ex-MVP - MSN]

With MSN - Failure is NOT an option
It comes bundled with the service<<<

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

sending mail with outlook express

Post by panhardin » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 12:42:32

Does anyone know why I can't send my yahoo mail out with Outlook Express
anymore?  I just subscribed to MSN, and this is really pissing me off.

Is there any way that I can fix this problem?

Thanks.

sending mail with outlook express

Post by Kuay Ti » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:31:38

MSN IA may be blocking port 25. You can try changing the outgoing server
name in Yahoo Mail properties to MSN's POP3 Outgoing (SMTP) server. This
would be "smtp.email.msn.com" or "secure.smtp.email.msn.com" .

For more on the reason for blocking port 25 there is a notice from Earthlink
that explains the reason for ISPs doing this.

http://help.earthlink.net/port25/

--
Tim K.
Lynnwood, WA

Does anyone know why I can't send my yahoo mail out with Outlook Express
anymore?  I just subscribed to MSN, and this is really pissing me off.

Is there any way that I can fix this problem?

Thanks.

sending mail with outlook express

Post by Jim » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:32:43

No - because MSN allows it and then doesn't as often as numerous times a day.  Alternately they will allow smtp to go though them but not pop3.  Then pop3 will flow but not smtp.  Then neither.  Then both.  Then  .  .     well, you get the idea.

If you want to know about the poor reliability of MSN and about the poor level of service from them just read a few weeks worth of posts here.
-Jim- [ex-MVP - MSN]
With MSN - Failure is NOT an option
It comes bundled with the service

With MSN - Lying is NOT an option