Issues With MSN Broadband

Post by Pau » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 05:37:45

Is anyone else having trouble getting connected to your MSN Broadband
service?  It has been 2 weeks and I am still not up and running.  I
have been "escalated" to the highest criticality level and am told
that I will be receiving a call in 8 business hours, but it never
happens.  This is really stupid.  Everytime I call, I am told to wait.
 I mean get serious, how many times must I be escalated and how many
times do I need to call before I finally get running?  Is there
anything I can do to get a friggin response from these losers?  I have
tried contacting customer support and technical support and have
spoken with numerous supervisors and still nothing.  Are these idiots
just swamped and cannot keep up with the "escalated" volum or do they
just plain old suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anyways, please let me know if you
guys have had or are having the same problem and how you are handling
or have handled the problems.

Issues With MSN Broadband

Post by Peter » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 07:38:08

I wanted to update to that Broadband myself, but now I'm not sure if I
should. Would you please tell me one thing, is the usage limit 10 hrs, and
then you pay more. Please let me know, or give me a link so I can find out.
I hope your trouble is over soon.......Peter

Quote:> Is anyone else having trouble getting connected to your MSN Broadband
> service?  It has been 2 weeks and I am still not up and running.  I
> have been "escalated" to the highest criticality level and am told
> that I will be receiving a call in 8 business hours, but it never
> happens.  This is really stupid.  Everytime I call, I am told to wait.
>  I mean get serious, how many times must I be escalated and how many
> times do I need to call before I finally get running?  Is there
> anything I can do to get a friggin response from these losers?  I have
> tried contacting customer support and technical support and have
> spoken with numerous supervisors and still nothing.  Are these idiots
> just swamped and cannot keep up with the "escalated" volum or do they
> just plain old suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anyways, please let me know if you
> guys have had or are having the same problem and how you are handling
> or have handled the problems.

Issues With MSN Broadband

Post by Bob » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 11:40:18

No, the usage is not 10 hours, the 10 hours is the "dial-up" service
included as part of the package.  The DSL service is unlimited, however, the
speed depends upon the subscription package you serve.  You might check this
site: http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/broadband/default.asp , it has
some information and also has links to the different subscription plans
available.  Blue skies-Bob

> I wanted to update to that Broadband myself, but now I'm not sure if I
> should. Would you please tell me one thing, is the usage limit 10 hrs, and
> then you pay more. Please let me know, or give me a link so I can find
out.
> I hope your trouble is over soon.......Peter

> > Is anyone else having trouble getting connected to your MSN Broadband
> > service?  It has been 2 weeks and I am still not up and running.  I
> > have been "escalated" to the highest criticality level and am told
> > that I will be receiving a call in 8 business hours, but it never
> > happens.  This is really stupid.  Everytime I call, I am told to wait.
> >  I mean get serious, how many times must I be escalated and how many
> > times do I need to call before I finally get running?  Is there
> > anything I can do to get a friggin response from these losers?  I have
> > tried contacting customer support and technical support and have
> > spoken with numerous supervisors and still nothing.  Are these idiots
> > just swamped and cannot keep up with the "escalated" volum or do they
> > just plain old suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anyways, please let me know if you
> > guys have had or are having the same problem and how you are handling
> > or have handled the problems.

Issues With MSN Broadband

Post by gorenstei » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 14:30:27

You are not alone-after attempting to sign up online and incorrectly
selecting the 49.95 plan rather than the 39.95 plan due to a poorly laid out
website- I have been waiting 8 weeks to get things fixed.  After realizing
the error I called MSN-they cancelled the order and told me to reenter the
order online.  The system would not allow this.  Then they tell me to wait
till after my billing cycle in a couple of weeks.  Then I get a call from
Qwest informing me that my lines have been commissioned for DSL.  Eight
weeks later I have a line set up with DSL, no order exists at MSN ,I have no
modem or software and all I get is-"we are escalating your issue".  If there
was another game in town I would be down the road!  After 5 years with MSN
this is what I get.
Let me know if you figure out how to get some support from these fools.
David

Quote:> Is anyone else having trouble getting connected to your MSN Broadband
> service?  It has been 2 weeks and I am still not up and running.  I
> have been "escalated" to the highest criticality level and am told
> that I will be receiving a call in 8 business hours, but it never
> happens.  This is really stupid.  Everytime I call, I am told to wait.
>  I mean get serious, how many times must I be escalated and how many
> times do I need to call before I finally get running?  Is there
> anything I can do to get a friggin response from these losers?  I have
> tried contacting customer support and technical support and have
> spoken with numerous supervisors and still nothing.  Are these idiots
> just swamped and cannot keep up with the "escalated" volum or do they
> just plain old suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anyways, please let me know if you
> guys have had or are having the same problem and how you are handling
> or have handled the problems.

Issues With MSN Broadband

Sure sounds like an MSN operation to me.