Can screen to screen data capture be done?

Can screen to screen data capture be done?

Post by Brij Mandal » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 04:11:20

hi,

I have this concern reg. data transfer. I have a
web application with user input forms. However, the data
being input by the user in my screen should actually be
populated into another web application automatically,
it must run the program there and then the output result
must be captured back on my screen and must be stored in
my database.

eg. say i am a middleman working for a bigger company ABC.
I have my own application for my customers to input data
into and I want them to have the result displayed on their
screen rightaway. But in fact, I must get to ABC
application screen, feed the data there and then get the
result from them.

Is this possible? Any tools or components are available
for the same?

Your immediate help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Brij

Can screen to screen data capture be done?

Post by Jim » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 05:36:41

rogramming

[...]

1. Script replay/screen capture Windows 95, DOS, and Windows 3.x

I'm seeking recommendations for a testing package that, like most, can
replay a script, capture screens, and provide a means to compare screens
from different runs.

The challenge I'm having is finding one that can work in all the
environments I need, which are:
        * DOS under Windows 95 (e.g. either a DOS box or booting to Windows 95
DOS)
        * Windows 95
        * Windows 3.x
        * DOS 6.22

I've visited the comp.software.testing FAQ and the supplier list
therein, but there's not sufficient detail to figure out if these
requirements are met.

I've talked to someone at Segue Software and QA Partner "doesn't yet"
support a DOS box under Windows 95, but I need to call them back and see
if it will handle booting directly to DOS under Windows 95.  The woman I
spoke to only knew of one software that did this ("Evaluator"?).

From recent discussions in this group Visual Test seems to support a DOS
box in a limited fashion.

Any and all assistance/recommendations/etc. would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Denis Haskin
Senior Manager for Production Engineering
Information Access Company

2. Equivalent of DosReplaceModule for Win32?

3. How Do I Create Screen Shot from DOS Game?? (Print Screen & Alt-Print Screen Don't Work)

4. FS:A|W

5. 96 DPI Screen vs 72 DPI Screen - which should Windows users use?

6. RZ23 termination and RZspinup

7. full screen screen saver?

8. Looking for MIME for VMS

9. How do you prevent a big screen from getting screen burn.

10. screen flickers on big screen TV

11. Chaintech 7aja2 black or blank screen after the Bios screen with new PCI card

12. Wanted : Key binding suggestion : screen up and screen down

13. SCREEN off the SCREEN