can't start outlook express without msn messenger 6.0

can't start outlook express without msn messenger 6.0

Post by Elin » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 04:57:44

I can't start outlook express 6.01 without msn messenger 6.0, msn starts
automaticly with outlook and I don't like that. The only option to find is
don't start up msn when windows start, but when I open outlook there is msn
again. Maybe a solution?

Eline

can't start outlook express without msn messenger 6.0

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 06:14:58

Greetings Eline,

You can stop Messenger from loading with Outlook Express by doing the following -- close
Outlook Express, then download and run this .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe_9x.reg

Messenger will then not start with Outlook Express.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> I can't start outlook express 6.01 without msn messenger 6.0, msn starts
> automaticly with outlook and I don't like that. The only option to find is
> don't start up msn when windows start, but when I open outlook there is msn
> again. Maybe a solution?

> Eline

1. outlook express won't recognise MSN messenger.

Hi,
    I have outlook express 5.5 and MSN messenger 3.0 running in windows 98
SE.

In the Tools menu of outlook express, the 'MSN messenger service' and 'My
online status' are always greyed out even when I have MSN messenger running.
Also when I tick the box in Tools->Options->General to automatically
start-up MSN messenger when Outlook Express runs, this doesn't work. What's
weirder is that I think this used to work. I've tried re-installing Outlook
Express 5.5 and MSN messenger 3.0 but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Mike

2. netbios call to get machine name

3. Camera Doesn't Start in MSN Messenger 6.0 Preview

4. ABCNEWS.com : U.N. Compound Under Fire in East Timor

5. MSN email on Outlook Express 6.0 not working

6. Alan Kamas to Industry

7. How to disable autostart of messenger when starting Outlook Express...

8. warp 3 & AD1816 PnP

9. Messenger starting with Outlook Express

10. MSN Messenger with Outlook Express?

11. MSN Messenger opening with outlook express

12. Outlook Express 6 and MSN Messenger

13. MSN Messenger and Outlook Express ?