MSN and ISA

Post by Rober » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 12:18:27

I'm having a * of a time getting MSN 4.7 to work behind ISA server
MSN 4.7
ISA SP1 FP1
Exchange2000

I keep getting a SOCKS 5 proxy authentication error.  Why doesn't it just
use the HTTP proxy settings?  Really I'm ready to try anything.  Any ideas?

Robert

MSN and ISA

Post by David Miller [MSFT » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 02:36:49

Go to Tools->Options and the select the Connections Tab.  We only try to
authenticate with SOCKS 5 if you have "I use a proxy server" checked and
then that type is SOCKS 5.  If you want to use http, you can select http and
enter the appropriate information.

--
David Miller
Developer, MSN Messenger

newsgroup purposes only.

Quote:> I'm having a * of a time getting MSN 4.7 to work behind ISA server
> MSN 4.7
> ISA SP1 FP1
> Exchange2000

> I keep getting a SOCKS 5 proxy authentication error.  Why doesn't it just
> use the HTTP proxy settings?  Really I'm ready to try anything.  Any
ideas?

> Robert

1. ISA to ISA or PCI to ISA bus repeater

Does anyone know of a cheap (<$500 in quantity) ISA or PCI to ISA
bus repeater?  Slave chassis has only PIO slave devices - don't need
DMA.  But, I do need interrupts to be passed from the slave chassis
into the master chassis.

Many thanks,
Scott

Scott J. Carter
VitalCom, Inc.
15222 Del Amo Ave, Tustin, CA 92680
(714)247-4119/(800)888-0077 FAX (714)546-0084

2. Intermittent "Relaying denied"

3. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

4. adding categories to moneycentral.msn.com

5. Windows XP and Adaptec AVA 1505 ISA or 1502AP ISA SCSI card

6. How is this solved ?

7. Msn for exchange behind Microsoft ISA Server

8. Philips Nino (RIP) in Oppenheimer Ad

9. MSN Messenger thru ISA Server

10. MSN Messenger wont connect using ISA Server 2000

11. MSN Messenger not working with ISA Server

12. connect to MSN through ISA.......

13. MSN Chat via MS ISA Server