how 2 stop boxs from unknows

Post by davi » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 20:30:19

who can i stop the message boxes from unknown people
automatically popping up, so i dont have to click on the
box before i can continue but i still want to get the
boxes for instant messages from known contacts

how 2 stop boxs from unknows

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 22:04:36

Greetings David,

If these "popups" that appeared had "Messenger Service" in their titlebar, what you're seeing
is the Messenger service built-in to Windows, *not* Windows Messenger (which are two
different things) which spammers are exploiting -- this is not Microsoft, nor can Microsoft
control them anymore then they can control spam to your e-mail inbox.

To get rid of these pop ups,  you'll need to disable the "Messenger Service", go to the
Control Panel, choose Administrative Tools (if you're using XP, you may have to click Classic
View on the left). Double-click Services, and Scroll down to "Messenger", select it,
right-click and then choose Properties. Under startup type, choose disabled and then choose
the 'Stop' button. After the service is stopped, click OK.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> who can i stop the message boxes from unknown people
> automatically popping up, so i dont have to click on the
> box before i can continue but i still want to get the
> boxes for instant messages from known contacts

how 2 stop boxs from unknows

Post by XP Power Use » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 04:34:01

Disable Messenger Service and enable Internet Connection Firewall as well.

--
_______________________________________
Ramesh Srinivasan

Aim: SRamesh2k
INDIA

who can i stop the message boxes from unknown people
automatically popping up, so i dont have to click on the
box before i can continue but i still want to get the
boxes for instant messages from known contacts

1. Unknown "stop" error window

--

Dear all,

        I have a problem in integrating my library, the module is okay before
integration, but after integrating with other modules, there alway appears a
"stop" error window and the program terminated. I have used the debugger to
check it but I cannot find the solution.

        Can anyone have such a problem before, please share with me and
show me the way ...

        Thanks

Alfred Y.O. Chung

 Chung Yu On Alfred                                         yochung  13/7
-yochung 200 %
-yochung 200 %
-yochung 200 %
-yochung 200 %
-yochung 200 %                                  CS 3.
-yochung 200 %
-yochung 200 %
-yochung 200 %
-yochung 200 %
-yochung 200 %

2. Stepanov book on STL

3. FS: some unknown xerox box

4. SoWo 2003 Admin install

5. org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: remote exception - Unknown error

6. App crashing on Quit command...can anyone help?!

7. Catching unknown socket (or unknown handle / filehandle)

8. OT: Southern Hemisphere Blues

9. Error, (in unknown) unknown uses a 2nd argument, c (of type string), which is missing

10. Stop Save-As-Dialog-Box when closing READ-ONLY File

11. Help stop Excel's outline box for imported graphic, please

12. CHECK BOXES - turning off ALL check boxes in a dialog box