Messenger voice chat via a proxy server

Post by John Owen » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:33:26

I need a proxy server that will allow voice chat. I have tried winproxy
and rideway wiothout success.  I have a Win NT 4.0 SP5 server with a DSL
modem/connection to mys ISP. and I have three workstations 2 win 98 and
one win 2000 Prof.

The two proxy servers I have tried work very well with IE 5.0, Netscape
4.77, Agent, and Cheetachat.  I have tried to use both yahoo and
MSN-Messenger voice chat w/o success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks-in-advance
John Owens

Messenger voice chat via a proxy server

Post by Brian Sulliva » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:54:06

Quote:> I need a proxy server that will allow voice chat. I have tried winproxy
> and rideway wiothout success.  I have a Win NT 4.0 SP5 server with a DSL
> modem/connection to mys ISP. and I have three workstations 2 win 98 and
> one win 2000 Prof.

> The two proxy servers I have tried work very well with IE 5.0, Netscape
> 4.77, Agent, and Cheetachat.  I have tried to use both yahoo and
> MSN-Messenger voice chat w/o success.

> Any suggestions?

As far as I know no proxy or NAT router currently available will support Msn
Messenger PC to PC voice or file transfer.

1. Yahoo messenger voice chat on Wingate Proxy client

Dear expert,

Does any body know, How can I get Yahoo messenger voice chat to work
on Wingate Proxy client.
I'll really appreciate if someone can give me advice. I have two PCs
one is proxy server and another is client. voice works fine on server
but does not on client.

Regards,
shoib

2. PC Weenies announcements...

3. Voice-chat with Exchange server messenger (4.6)

4. (no subject)

5. Question: Behind Proxy Server - Must Map link - Need chat Server Name

6. insert disc error

7. Messenger, Proxy Server 2 and ISA Server

8. Adaptec 7870 vs. 7850

9. Voice chat on MSN messenger

10. voice chat on msn messenger 5

11. MSN MESSENGER VOICE CHAT PROBLEMS

12. A tool to break through NAT for MSN Messenger voice chat

13. Voice Chat MSN Messenger